• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Super Scanner

Those are unique, I remember a guy several miles up north from me had one. It seemed to work pretty good because without
couldn't have talked, not on a GP

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I have owned Three of them from the 70's until about 10 years ago & my Starduster would out talk & hear them.It's unique since it gives you some rejection when use directionally but it's just a single element dipole in the direction you are using it in when used as a beam.I got all for either Free or really Cheap so I took them thinking maybe the other may have had issues & did not work properly.I was wrong because none of them worked very well.Get a real beam & skip the Hype of the Super Scanner because they are far from Super.

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW
WRMX520

Those SS were way short on power handling...most of the relays/coax assemblies would die very quickly with even a small amp (like 300w PEP) and they had HUGE "dead spots" on the radiation pattern.

They were what they were and for the most part they were not too bad but had a lot of wind loading for what they were. I have seen countless of them with bent masts, poor installs basically, and a lot of them had wind damage. I worked a lot of stations in Scandinavia and even Greenland and Iceland that ran them because they offered some directivity and they had problems with regular yagis due to rotators freezing up in the extreme cold.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I've got one of those sitting in the garage right now. The only thing keeping me from putting it up is the HOA CC&R's.

Well, that and the fact that it's been stored for well over 20 years.

At least I have a plan to fix the HOA problem.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?