• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Super Scanners

F

FROGMAN27

I just put up one of these antennas , and I have ok results. doe sanyone have any opinions on them and if they recomend something better that for a low budget radio station for the time being

Keith,
Just in general, more higher is more better, and it's better to over do the support tower/pole than to under do, same with guys. (As if you didn't already know that?)
It's my opinion that you've got probably the best antenna around for a sort of low budget but good performance set up. Don't have to worry about a rotor, same general 'gain' as a two element beam, plus general coverage. (If yours went for about what they go for around here, forget the 'low budget' part! lol) It's not made for gigawatts of power but who needs it anyway.
- 'Doc

PS - If you really aren't satisfied with it, you can always ship it to me. Won't even charge you to take it off your hands... big of me, ain't it?

I use to have a super scanner. I didnt think it was to bad of an antenna. You dont need a rotor which is less moving parts and it also act as an omni.

FROGMAN27 said:
I just put up one of these antennas , and I have ok results. doe sanyone have any opinions on them and if they recomend something better that for a low budget radio station for the time being

If the condition of the Super Scanner is very good, I'd post it on e-bay and just buy what you want. Super Scanners sell very well, and you'd probably get enough for it so you could buy a 3ele beam and rotor!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.