• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Super Wack Pack II

I have never had a whack radio, Mainly buy Sparky's stuff if I do not tune it myself.

Can anyone do a legit comparison with a watergate from customcbradios, AL, Radioactive, and the others ?

I would love to settle this once and hopefully all.

I mainly see low forum numbers jumping on the wagon to trash RadioActive. May be junk, I don't know.

I read a post where Al's units were called splatterboxes and have NEVER had that reference to my radios.

Let's get this done once and for all till someone goes " WOW, my spread coils and volted finals look great"

as a former owner of a wackpacked radio let me tell you and every1 thats even thinking about getting this done- dont do it! mike is a good sales man but his mods are bs. the general lee that he did up for me lasted about 3 months before it blew out both finals! i had to send it to sparky to get it repaired and al told me that he was fixing 25 hacked radios a month! al didnt even charge me that much and the radio talks better than ever and the radio is now on frequency, it was way off with the the ra tune. in my opinion this is not even a comparison! sparky does great work that last and he stands behind his work and ra just keeps stealing peoples money!

Ok I got a radio from sparkys. It was so bad off frequency i could not even use it. So I just left it in the box. I hace recently sent it to a very good tech. customcbradios. He told me someone had been in the radio But he had never seen anything like that come out os sparkys cb shack. It was a dud!! Now i am very happy with the radio it works like it should!!! Yes I know I will get my ass handed to me for saying this about Al............

Not going to say to much other then this guy is currently the focus of some questionable business practices on another forum....

Name me one cb radio shop/tech that hasn't been accused of questionable practices, AMPOWER excluded of course.

I'll wait.

(I don't care for the guy either but this isn't about that)

Tell ya what Mr. Fatty I dont care customcbradios did a great job on my radio!!!!! I will not say anything bad about them!!!!

i asked customcbradios to delete me from their forum when their tech wanted to edit and delete my post because i was disagreeing with him saying class C amps were fine for SSB use .

i thiks its stupid to pat everyone on the back that says class C is fine but then censor someone trying to give accurate information .

SuperWackPack - Home

SuperWackPack Radios, by RadioActive Radios

Frequently Asked Questions Is it true you offer a discount if my radio was stolen? YES! We get so many calls daily that someone broke into a truck, car, home and stole someone's radio. Some idiot thief caused you enough harm, and we'd like to help you. If you supply us a police report (via US mail) we'll offer you up to $25 off a purchase of a new SuperWackPacked radio and discounts on replacement mics, antennas, etc. While it doesn't make a bad situation good, we hope it will make it a little better. Call or email us for details. Limitations do apply. Why do we do this you ask, because you paid double for the first radio, and I want more of your money.

I've heard some great things about your radios, are they all true? YES - honestly we have about a 99.99% success rate at satisfying our customers. We cater to the working man, and know what it's like to work hard for a living. We try our best to treat you right, one call to us, and you'll see! Have your Credit card ready, I will max it for you!

What is a "WackPack"? A WackPack is a process exclusive to RadioActive Radios! About 12 years ago, we saw a need for customers who demanded more audio, cleaner signals, and wanted to be bodacious! After years of research we designed a way to make your radio do just that. We redesign the audio/wattage section of your radio (and other stuff too!) to make your radio do max watts, max audio, and swing. But operate at much cooler temps, helping your finals last A LOT longer!! It's like watching TV, and you hear a TV commercial tons louder than the show you were watching. They do that by audio, that's what we do to our radios! You'll love a WackPacked radio! Tuned/Peaked, Peaked/Tweaked, MegaTune or what ever you call the garbage stuff radio shops do are so basic it makes us laugh. If your paying for a tune/peak honestly you're getting ripped off. What they do is hack out your audio limiter, turn a core, or spread a coil. All together making your radio get a little more audio, but it's like a fat man running up a hill! Won't last long, or strong! And please never be fooled by modulator kits! What a joke, yes some semi work, but you're paying $30-$60 for a resistor in a box! Will you WackPack my radio that I already own?? Yes, as long as it qualifies to get one done. All our SWP work is basically a Diode and 2 pieces of wire, about .25 cents of materials. Most Big Radio Chassis do, but please don't ask us to WackPack your cb radio like a Cobra, Midland, or Uniden, because we can screw you on these as well!

What is a SuperWackPack, read it all and it will make tons of sense! Many of you have known for years of the wackpack mod that we do to our radios. In Feb 2005 we updated the wackpack after about 12 years! In Feb we released the SuperWackPack!!! First please understand, NOBODY does this but us. We can give you more smoke and mirrors. So many places call their tune ups different things trying to fool you and steal your money. They call their tune/peaks all kinds of names, yet you get the same old thing. It's not a lame swing kit (which is a utter waste of money and ANYONE that says different bumped their head!), it's not a kit you buy and we install. It's a diode swing kit! Some even try to lie about our work! But we're too busy building radios, (we're basement radio techs!) to even respond! I'll return your call as I work by myself in my basement.

What the superwackpack does is it brings the average watts up from about 80 to about 85, allowing the 180 watt radio to do 180 watts a lot more often. It's 10x easier to do 180 when its already doing 170 watts. Ham radio dealers, road side shops, radio shops, and internet fakes don't tell you these things, because it doesn't sell radios!

How can it do it? Well for example a sports car once again often times benefits from getting a better exhaust, cam, intake, heads, and other items to get more horsepower from the engine. Making the engine work less, even though the engine gets more horsepower. Often even better gas mileage! Superwackpacked redesigned radios are so much better a design than the factory it helps the radio last a lot longer, even though its doing more watts! Again it's not a repackaged design. It's a RadioActive Exclusive! In fact a radio engineer, of a major radio company said to us on the phone that in all his years he's never seen such a design improvement! Is the extra $$$ worth it to do a superwackpack? Heck, just this explanation is. OUR work voids all Factory Warranty, call Galaxy and Ranger for more details,

Super WackPacks are now available I heard, is this true? You better believe it! What is a super wackpack? Ok, its kind of technical but we'll get you up to speed. Wackpacks offer max audio by providing max swing (low dead keys, high pep watts) The super wackpack gets your average watts up higher longer, and squeezes out more watts on most radios. The extra watts aren't really the big deal, the average RMS watts staying up higher longer means you get more talk power! This means as you talk your doing more watts on average then any other radio builder we know about (we know a lot of them!). This means getting out further, longer, and stronger, But it does void all Warranties!

Will you WackPack my radio that I already own? Thank you for thinking you may want us to work on your radio. If you own a type of radio we do work on we'd be glad to SuperWackPack. In fact all radios coming to us must be Super Wack Packed before they leave here. However there are times we do NOT take in radios bought elsewhere for service! Why? Being the fact we specialize in high performance mods, there are times in our service schedule that we just don't have the bench space for any extra work. Radios not sold by us, take on avg 2-10x longer for us to work on than a new radio out of the box. During these times, we just don't have the hours in the day to squeeze it in. However when we do have open bench space, we'd love to SuperWackPack your radio. It's awesome to get the customer's before, and after thoughts on a radio they owned already. So call or email us, and we'll see how our service schedule is looking. With our new east coast service center being opened, there just may be a open spot for you! If you have a big radio we will SuperWackPack it for you, send it to me with a check for at least $200.

How far can my WackPacked radio transmit? Impossible to answer! Sometimes in the radio world you can talk 1,000 miles easier than 10 miles! However, for example, if you've got a great antenna, a WackPaked radio, and its flat outside, in a mobile you can talk 15 plus miles. Its not unheard of to talk 20! If you're on a hill you get out further. If you're talking to a base, typically they can hear you far away! Always just know no matter how far you're transmitting, if your radio is from us its doing it the best it can! We can't do anything about the canyon you live in, the mountain behind your house, or the noise level on the airwaves...sorry!

What does your Super Receive do? Well, the name says it all. It gives you maximum receive on the band you're going to use. Lets say you buy a radio but the radio needs to be modified to transmit on the frequencies you're wanting. Many shops will align transmit, but never touch receive, like use. We doen't do any alignments, but do put in the 2sc2999 to make you think you are getting Super Receive.

My SWRs are 1.5 pretty good huh?........NOT! Yep nothing wrong with it, I would love to sell you a Preditor 10K, but I'm not a stocking dealer!

One more quick thing on SWR's. Running a ground strap to a antenna bracket that doesn't need one can hurt your antenna system a lot! Only run a ground strap if you must because your bracket isn't grounded. If this is the case KEEP IT SHORT.

What do you guys think of radios you don't sell? A lot of people assume we think all other radios are junk. However this is NOT the case. We don't understand Cobra and Unidens, so we don't work on them.

What's the best microphone to use with a WackPacked radio? If you're driving a Big Truck, SkyThumper St-65DX Why?? These radios have tons of audio, and these mic's make them sound sweet! If you're on a base then call us! If you're a fan of power mics the discontinued Astatic 575M6 works BODACIOUS, but call us we may have some lying around someplace! We will only charge you a little over $200 for the 575M6, I buy them on eBay and sell them to you.

With all these antennas which one is the best mobile? To answer this question can be tricky. Best for you may not be best for the next guys equipment. But here's some facts (current at the time of this write-up). The BEST built mobile antenna, for everyday use is the Predator 10K, if anyone tells you different they are WRONG! (tell them I told you that too!) We also love Mr. Coily antennas. . Perhaps the same performance, just built differently. We don't stock 10K or Coily antennas, but we can get them drop shipped to you, for a little mark up.

Some of you guys can't go with big antennas on trucks etc., however in all cases height is might. Get the tallest antenna you can get away with. If you want a fast replacement and a good consumer antenna, Wilson antennas are still pretty darn good. Monkey Mades weigh a ton, and don't hear near as well as some others, I'd only suggest one if you found one laying in a ditch, or your friend upgraded and gave it to you! It's not the worst, but there are tons better! One quick word on K40........then new trucker works well.

Why don't I see prices for crying out loud? Before you get all revved up let us explain why we only have a few prices on our site. First we're ol' fashioned. We believe in customer service. We enjoy talking to our customers on the phone, or via email. We just don't want you to price shop, we want you to actually get the product you really need.. We at RadioActive believe in awesome quality, super custom service, and backing up what we sell. We price by how you sound on the phone.

Do you have all items in stock? Well honestly nope! We can't stock everything all of the time, but do have 50% of the radios in stock, waiting to be sold and then custom built for the customer. If your item isn't in stock we aren't the lying bum type of shops who'll say it is to make a sale! Most radios are about 5-6 days away if they aren't in stock. Some amps take longer, we don't stock them, as well. We try our hardest to make sure your item is sent as fast as possible. We know what its like to want your radio quickly! A SuperWackPack radio will take you about 4 to 6 weeks to get.

Do you really warranty your work forever? The answer is yes. We want to know if our designs ever fail, even 10 years down the road. If our work fails we'll fix it free forever! If your buying your equipment anyplace else that's crazy! How can we do it? First, we provide the best quality service out there. So when your item leaves here, it works right. But hey lets face it, NASA builds $1,000,000,000,000 projects and they go poof every once in awhile! So if our work does we'll fix it free. This only covers work that we do to a radio. Example our wackpack..... warranted for life! There are some conditions, but no FINE PRINT. We have voided your factory warranty!

What's your policy on returns? Our policy is keep what you bought, don't be a fathead! We don't allow returns on custom radios, or equipment. Many radios have no warranty from the manufacture so if this is a concern call us before you buy. But returning items just cause you didn't like it is nuts, and we don't accept it. If you have a legit reason for a return, call us, and we'll discuss it!

Do you offer catalogs? Sorry we offer no printed material. Our customers really aren't the price shopping type. RadioActive customers demand the best performing equipment out there. Its the best way to keep the IRS off our backs!

Magnum Radios
We don't like them due to the fact they swing just like our SuperWackPack radios, so we don't like them at all, we want to install our diode swing kit and make money, with the Magnum radios we can't.Magnum Radios are as loud as a Superwackpack radio, out of the box!

Wonder what we do to your radio?
AMC Disabled & Excessively Over modulated, Excessive PA Voltage,Excessive Heating of Critical Components, Off Frequency but its loud!!!
SuperWackPack exposed:
Connex 3300HP:
1. removed 1N914 on the underside of the board in the the 2SC754 pass regulator circuit.
2. removed volting for driver and both finals, restored the collector rail to oem spec.
3. removed 560 pf on the bottom of the circuit board at C166.
4. removed what was left of the 2SC945 amc transistor at TR32 and replaced.
5. restored open etch between the 2SC945 and the 4558D.
6. resoldered broken connections at both ends of L31.
7. re-compressed both inductors at L31 and L52. (all stretched out)
8. re-adjust L33 for tank resonance.
9. added 8200 pf between pin 4 and ground to stabilize talkback and prevent excessive audio feedback at advanced mic gain settings. (galaxy approved modification)
10. rf and dc board grounds bonded.
11. adj. squelch threshold.
12. adj. fm deviation.
13. adj. all carrier and amc levels.
14. adj. (xmit and rcve) frequency. (several hundreds of hertz high)
15. receiver. checked and thoroughly aligned
16. adj. noise blanker circuitry.
17. 1st and 2nd receiver mixers checked and adj. as necessary
18. 10.240 check and set
19. s meter calibrated for 50 uv. at S9

Do I need a license to purchase a 10m radio? 10 meter radios are intended for use by licensed amateur radio operators within the United States. While RadioActiveRadio is not required to check for a valid "call sign" or license, the user is required to comply with laws in the USA. It is not our intent for persons to operate on frequencies outside one's privileges. You do not need a license to purchase a 10 meter or any other ham radio, but a license is required to operate one within one's operating privilege. Please direct your license questions to the proper gov't agencies, or one of the many online sites, or local radio "clubs", they'd be glad to help. We convert all the 10 meter radios for CB use anyway!
Call Us: 800-you-screwed

say it aint so !!!!!! hehehehehe

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated