• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Superstar 360 FM

Radio Tech

Radio Operator
Sep 9, 2008
North Carolina
www.gokarters.com
Picked up a Super star 360 FM unit today.
Looking at repairing it and using the rig for a test set on the bench.
Found quite a bit of info on the thing. First to go is that roger beep.
Next is to remove the RF power adjust and move that to the SWR knob to control power. Then add the 10kc jump.

Should make a decent bench set.
I did notice some noise in the TX audio. On all modes. Have to track that down.

Anyone seen other mods for this rig?

ss-360.jpg

Reactions: Enterprise312ok

Its been a few years but if I recall correctly its pretty much the same radio as the Cobra 148GTLDX, any mods for that should apply to the 360 as well...

Good old Radio....

I own two of them , use them quite often . I think that this radio has the best & most "useable" receive of any I have ever used in a big truck . Excellent filtering , that is NOT present in ANY of the "new RADIOS" . Very selective & bleedover is almost nil.

great rigs, they are an oldie but a goodie. one of the best boards out there pb010 . actually if im not mistaken the most copied board out there too. almost all of the newer export rigs use this pb010 board as the platform. i have ablock diagram and the alignment if needed. alignment here> The Defpom Superstar 360 Alignment Page
block diagram here> http://www.radiomods.co.nz/cbdiagrams/superstar360_OLDbd.png
to put super mod on the pb010 board just put a 1n4001 diode to r-292. if you put diode in backwards you will have no watts. not to worry tho, just turn it around it will be fine. i also have the diagram to put the plug for a frequency counter, like the fc 390 in one. i will have to find it if you want it. i put it in mine.

Reactions: Filipe Carvalho
great rigs, they are an oldie but a goodie. one of the best boards out there pb010 . actually if im not mistaken the most copied board out there too. almost all of the newer export rigs use this pb010 board as the platform. i have ablock diagram and the alignment if needed. alignment here> The Defpom Superstar 360 Alignment Page
block diagram here> http://www.radiomods.co.nz/cbdiagrams/superstar360_OLDbd.png
to put super mod on the pb010 board just put a 1n4001 diode to r-292. if you put diode in backwards you will have no watts. not to worry tho, just turn it around it will be fine. i also have the diagram to put the plug for a frequency counter, like the fc 390 in one. i will have to find it if you want it. i put it in mine.

Troyota can you please get me de diagram for the plug for the frequency counter, tx in advance

Reactions: Enterprise312ok

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.