• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Superstar 3900

curtispittman

Jan 13, 2009
I recently aquired a superstar 3900 cb with regular,low and high channels. Can someone please tell me why I am 1 channel off between my transmit and receive? For example, I have to transmit on say channel 29, and turn to channel 28 to receive. Is there a simple fix for this? Appreciate any help

Sounds like you need to unlock the clarifier. You shouldn't be 10khz off between tx and rx though. Just enter " superstar 3900 mods" into google and you'll find it. It's a matter of clipping a wire and another couple of simple things. Can't remember exactly.

Unless the radio is bad out of alignment it shouldn't be one channel off between xmit and rcv. Unlocking the clarifier is not the solution to the problem but may be a fix for it. Usually a clarifier doesn't slide 10 Khz anyway. I've seen this problem before but for the life of me can't remember what is was. I'll try to go through some of the old notes and see if I can find out what caused it. Maybe a crystal but I can't remember right now.....................CRS is a bad thing to happen to the mind.

BC

Sounds to me like someone has installed a 10 KZ switch . Probably on one of the other existing switches . I know it's an OLD POST , just thought he might still need an answer .

i got same radio in mobile. make sure BOTH clarifers are center .then check the
toogle switches for an added 10khz jump.[i got one on the last toogle switch ch.9 ithink]
if this doesnt help id take it to a good tech bobscb.com or theres one on this fourm
ithink its DTB ? either one of these guys are really good

This radio should not split frequency with a 10K switch it should transmit and receive on the same frequency unless someone was in it and they really screwed up the VCO setting by messing around with them. I dont think that even the PLL if it were messed up would split the frequency :confused:

If thats one of those dual clarifier radios Ide make sure you have them adjusted right but I still cant see this happening even in that case or scenario.

Sounds like you need to unlock the clarifier. You shouldn't be 10khz off between tx and rx though. Just enter " superstar 3900 mods" into google and you'll find it. It's a matter of clipping a wire and another couple of simple things. Can't remember exactly.

The transmit and receive are 10 khz apart and you think the clarifier needs to be opened up?????????? You are kidding.....I hope.

This radio is capable of a 10 kHz jump but it should not do this as a split! I would think the clarifier is offset and if it is a dual type, make sure both are at 12 o'clock position. If the outer knob is full clockwise it will transmit about one channel off. The inner knob is for receive only..... :bdh:

mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.