• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SUPERSTAR CRTSS 6900 Many Complaints About SSB Is It A Good Radio ?

rftek

May 7, 2019
I've been looking for a AM FM SSB radio and saw the SUPERSTAR CRTSS 6900 for a descent price but I noticed that many owners are having issues with the SSB tramsmit audio. ?

Was wondering if its worth buying a SUPERSTAR CRTSS 6900 ?

rftek

Last edited:

I have a SS6900 and have had no issues with bad sounding audio, although I did swap out stock mic for KPO 110 mic and am happy with the ssb audio.

I did read and watch some reviews and most owners said that the stock mic soundedtoo bassy and muffled and that they ended up buying a KPO 110 or a power mic. Some sellers told me to wait until they put in a NBR noise blanker board. Does yours have a ANL or a NB ? If it does, how well is it with removing impulse noise ?

rftech

I've been looking for a AM FM SSB radio and saw the SUPERSTAR CRTSS 6900 for a descent price but I noticed that many owners are having issues with one of the sidebands distorting ?

Was wondering if its worth buying a SUPERSTAR CRTSS 6900 ?

rftek
You need to be more specific for an accurate answer. Literally only one sideband is distorted? (Ie: LSB and am/fm are fine, USB distorted). Are you talking about tx audio or rx audio? If on rx, does it only happen with strong signals? Etc... Lots more info needed

The issue was with the SSB transmit audio sounding terrible. The reviewer did not mention if it also sounded terrible with AM or FM. Anyway everyone seems to believe that the mic that comes with this radio is not that great.

The SMD reference is so you know that even the best of intentions the company tries to do, the errors in robotics or from the QC department - are on two different continents.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned