• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Support your fellow amateur radio operators

The Amateur Radio Parity Act has been beaten to death on a couple other ham radio forums. Some hams are actually fighting it. I'm not going to support it or fight against it because I really have no feeling on it either way.

Seems to be an out for hams with buyers remorse though. Me, I moved away from restrictions to a property with no restrictions. I didn't push for a law to change the rules I agreed to when I moved into the other community. A lot of people move into those high end communities because of the restrictions.

... and just what does either definition have to do with "preventing the ability" to install an antenna?
miracle.jpg

use one of these,.... it is an "effective" antenna... or better yet, consider moving

Reactions: RatsoW8
... and just what does either definition have to do with "preventing the ability" to install an antenna?

use one of these,.... it is an "effective" antenna... or better yet, consider moving

please define "overzealous" and "effective".

You did ask for the definitions of overzealous and effective. Do you want the definition of "Ability" too? The antenna (Laughable at best) you recommended would not be "Effective" by reasonable expectations.

People might not be able to afford to move once they purchase the home. If they are on a fixed income or disability.

Last edited:
or better yet, consider moving
You ornery old man, You live in the "now" and all is well, Good for you.

We that support the Parity act aren't just thinking about us in the now, but also for the future. Not everybody can afford to live out in the country or non-restrictive neighborhoods and these neighborhoods are shrinking. More and more new areas popping up are becoming HOA's to the point where nobody can do anything including outdoor bar-b-ques. I been told in parts of Riverside county in commi-fornia, excuse me, california, that's so.

It's not just limited to new neighborhoods either, There have been older established neighborhoods putting new restrictions on people and even people that live in rural areas and large properties have had their antennas challenged by some newcomer who sees your antenna even out in the distance as an eyesore. While you might win in court, it still costs you a lot of time and money and a lot of aggravation to do so.

Nobody is expecting to be able to put up a 200ft. tower in their backyard in the middle of suburban America, just a reasonable antenna for the property without encroaching on the neighbors even if only a piece of wire is allowed. Of course the language of this bill if passed will have to be interpreted.

More and more we are seeing our Governments or Heads of school boards, down to HOA members, trying to turn are whole society into a "you can't do this", "you can't do that", "you're going to do what we say! " dictating way of life.

Is that what you prefer?

Reactions: Tallman
Nobody is expecting to be able to put up a 200ft. tower in their backyard in the middle of suburban America, just a reasonable antenna for the property without encroaching on the neighbors even if only a piece of wire is allowed. Of course the language of this bill if passed will have to be interpreted.

I don't live in a deed restricted neighborhood, but I do have neighbors that bitched and complained about Star Duster antenna and even went so far as trying to get the FAA involved in respect to my QSO King long wire antenna. They claimed that since we lived in the airports approach pattern that no tall structures should be allowed. The mast that my wire goes to is only 24 feet tall and surrounding trees are over 75 feet tall. The aircraft would have to plow through 20 to 25 trees and go through a high tension power transmission lines to get anywhere close to my mast. The FAA warned them that there are penalties for false reporting.

I don't live in a deed restricted neighborhood, but I do have neighbors that bitched and complained about Star Duster antenna and even went so far as trying to get the FAA involved in respect to my QSO King long wire antenna. They claimed that since we lived in the airports approach pattern that no tall structures should be allowed. The mast that my wire goes to is only 24 feet tall and surrounding trees are over 75 feet tall. The aircraft would have to plow through 20 to 25 trees and go through a high tension power transmission lines to get anywhere close to my mast. The FAA warned them that there are penalties for false reporting.
Good example of what current attitudes exist with people today and why we need the Parity bill. Sounds like you prevailed, at least for now. However, It sounds like it might not be over since people who complain like that hate to lose.

Reactions: 222DBFL and Tallman
I don't think I have to worry about them for a while. The warning from the FAA pushed them way back from my fence. Since then we have become friendly again once they understood it was not CB and I offer my services to any government agency in times of emergency.

I'd like to hear from anyone on the forum who IS in a antenna restricted community and was able to work out reasonable accommodation for an antenna without a law. That's what the Parity Act is about isn't it and not for those who live where they can put up antennas with no or few restriction but maybe their neighbors are apposed. So big deal then it's just a matter of what kind of relationship you want to have with your neighbors.

My neighbors are great and couldn't care less about what antenna I put up. Sometimes they even ask me about them and I explain and even had them in the shack to look at the equipment. No issues.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated