• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Switch panel 3-4 switch’s 50amp - does it exist?

Big Kahuna

Jul 31, 2008
Wondering what people might suggest for a switch panel with 50A total capacity and maybe 3-4 toggle switches? Or 40amp individual capacity for each switch.

Looking for something that isn’t crazy big and each can be wired individually. Seems like everything is 30a or below.

Might have to custom make it I guess. Plenty of 50 amp individual switches but nothing with 3 on a panel and not much in a rocker style for 50A.

At this current level I would go with relays. Allows you to use low-cost low-current switches with skinny wires on them. Way more choices of style this way. Just make sure the relay is rated for continuous operation. Depending on the layout, this can also serve to make the fat 50-Amp wires shorter when they don't have to run to a front panel and back to the rear where connections are mounted.

At this current level I would go with relays. Allows you to use low-cost low-current switches with skinny wires on them. Way more choices of style this way. Just make sure the relay is rated for continuous operation. Depending on the layout, this can also serve to make the fat 50-Amp wires shorter when they don't have to run to a front panel and back to the rear where connections are mounted.

DEFINITELY the way to go. High current switching is best done with relays for all the reasons you mentioned. Switches tend to get hot and meltdown at those kind of current levels if used for long periods.

Great thank you, I’ll go that route.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated