• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

switch to turn TRB-1 on and off ?

B

BOOTY MONSTER

i was wondering how you would go about installing a toggle switch (or 2 if its needed) to simply flip the echo effect on and off so i dont have to mess with resetting the level controll when going from SSB to AM . i want to get a better base radio in the future and id like to have some echo effect for AM .

thanks switch . i didnt know if just interupting the power would create a problem or the desired effect . ;)

you should be able to get the feel for those trb's fairly quickly , surely helps to have a decent talkback inline for that , I don't use power mic's , but even with rk-56 , talkback is set up very lightly for the radio used.

Although I don't mess with it very often as it is , setting it for just a faint echo/reverb is not a chore. Maybe in the beginning if your new at it , my audio on my radio with rk-56 is usually set at 12 o-clock 24/7 ,(either cap /resistor mod or diode mod in AM/SSB radios) my talkback is just faint enough for me to hear it there , If I should want to make a bunch of noise with the trb-1 and then decide to go make to my normal setting , I will then turn my audio up to make my talkback louder in order to get back my normal setting. (because I don't use a power mic and I use a swing type mod on most , I can use about a 50 ohm resistor for my talkback without problem) that also has to do with using the rk-56 nc mic.

Usually my little knob is at 2 o-clock from the off setting and the bigger one is usually at about 7 or 8 o-clock. Could be different for you if the knob was put in the radio differently . I doubt I would ever put a toggle on it other then to just shut it off for SSB if needed.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,