• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

swr on laser

Dec 22, 2006
here is the problem im haveing .. the ant. is a laser 400 the coax is lmr 400 gamma m are 10.000w when i get the swr down on the flat side the last strap that holds the gamma rod to the element is right up net to the capacitor..the big white insulator .... will this hurt anything??? when i had the 213 on there they both tuned fine 1.1 or 1.2 why is that??? thanks for any help... showtime in ga..

You are making the SWR measurement at the antenna feedpoint, right? Otherwise, you will need a multiple of electrical 1/2 wave for your coax to properly set the gamma match.

Rich

hmm

at the feed point??? theres a 100 f on both sides in checking it in the house with a dosy.... not sure what your asking....thanks alot

if your not running 10kw get a lower rated gamma or switdh to a beta matching system.

what they ware saying is. if your trying to tune your antenna and not checking the swr at teh feedpoint of the antenna. then you need to use electrical 1/2 wave lengths of coax to get a correct reading. then once its set you can use what ever length it takes to make it from antenna to your rig.

hmm

well with the 213 they were fine im runing a t.walker 6000a7 it dose ok need to sell it to lol... but and a nother thing the ant. is only 4in' of the dirt bottom of the v element.... but thanks ill figer it out think ill just put the 213 back on ...

oh ok i would double check your pl-259's. i like 213. they say the lmr400 is better. so in your case it has to be either like you said the antenna is to low or bad conections on the pl-259's.

ive read several places that if your beam is not above 1 wave length you will have alot of loss.

was your antenna alot higher before this coax change ??

its always beeen there i got the tower up 85f just trying to get it right before it goes up... iv only got 259 on the inside...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.