• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

T/S Turbo mod DX-667V qusestion

SCJ483

Oct 16, 2011
I was wondering if there is a way to get this amp to broadband more than just being a 10m amp while keeping it clean as far as harmonics are concerned.
Any help would be great
Tnx
Tim

I would not recomend the 667 as a good platform to start with because of the built in driver. Gain is going to go up as you go down in frequency and it is already a beast as it is.
If you really want to do it right I would sell the 667 as they are a popular CB style amp and put that money towards a real HF amp.
In the long run I think you will come out better off.

Jeff

I would not recomend the 667 as a good platform to start with because of the built in driver. Gain is going to go up as you go down in frequency and it is already a beast as it is.
If you really want to do it right I would sell the 667 as they are a popular CB style amp and put that money towards a real HF amp.
In the long run I think you will come out better off.

Jeff

And I'll add a big old HELL YEAH!! to that. Just to comment about the part "keeping it clean as far as harmonics are concerned". The word "keeping" implies it is presently clean. It is not. Cleaner than some amps maybe but not clean.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.