• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

T2TT TUVALU Expedition

BJ radionut

Supporting Member and 6m addict
May 9, 2008
35 miles East of Indianapolis
Heard from Dean KW7XX member of Operating Team: 0:26z 11/27/2015

"Hey Gary . Tough going so far. 2 serious tropical depressions destroyed what we had on the air. We now have relocated antennas....repaired them and are ready to go. Right now as I write there is no propagation. So toward our sunset...(6 hrs from now) things will pick up.
Barring any other problems we should be on the air with 3 stations (the other equipment arrived last night).
Please understand ( we were hammered by winds 40 to 50 knots for first 2 days)
Things are better today winds are down but low band operation is severely hampered by lightening and radar.
Also Internet is really sketchy. Only up a few hrs a day.
We will try and I do mean try to upload to club log tonight. Night is the only time you have a fighting chance to get large files out."

(W9FNB) So appears it has been a rocky start for the Team. They are working hard to get fully operational.
I thought I would pass this along for any op's looking to get them in their logs.
Wishing them Good Luck!
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

Reactions: Robb

BJ thanks for the update and really nice for the team to take the time to communicate and explain the issues they are having on the DXpedition.

Wish them best of luck and look forward to working them

Reactions: Road Squawker

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?