• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tacoma Install

oh, you could probably get a decent-sized amp under the seats, though.

i put a boomer 600 on a 1/2" plyboard mounting platform, velcroed to the carpet under the passenger seat of a 3G T4R. still plenty of air circulation, can shoot skip for about 10-15 min without any significant heat buildup (that's about all i have time or patience for, anyway).

You learn knob placement real quick with the amp out of site. I run a TS 500
behind the seat in the sleeper and when I need to run the thing, I have to feel around for the right button. Would love to see it but room is a little on the scarce side. Like the install:D. Run a 2510 or a Lincoln in the truck along with a 706 MKIIG and wonder all over the place(y)

other thing you can do is homebrew a remote for the amp.

my friend took the faceplate off the boomer, made extension cables out of cat5 for the switches and re-soldered everything in place. now there is about 15' of cable connecting the faceplate and switches to the amp itself.

we blocked off the hole where the faceplate used to be with some sheet aluminum, and mounted the amp under the passenger seat (used to be in the trunk of my old car, that's why we made the cable so long).

the faceplate i just mounted on the side of the center console, and painted over the words (except the hi/med/lo switch) so it doesn't look obvious to people looking in.

only thing you need to be careful of is when you take the car in for service - i just unplug the faceplate and remove it, and take it with me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.