• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Take a moment.........................

C W Morse

Apr 3, 2005
Retired
to remember those that fell on this day 61 years ago on the beaches of Normandy. These people died to bring down one of the worst murdering regimes (save for Stalin)in modern history. At this time, due to stubborn German resistance, men were still falling right there on the sands trying to gain a beachhead and move inland.
Because of their sacrifices, we have remained free just as men who are fighting and dying in Iraq to preserve freedom . Let us remember the phrase both in that time and in these days as well that rings true thru the ages" "All gave some, but some gave all". :cry:

CWM

Jerry,
I have to share a story that happened to me and my son at work a few years ago. I was drywalling a house in Elmira, NY. It was an interesting job. It was about a 3 hour drive for me 1 way everyday. To break the monotany we stopped at the cemetary in town and visited the gravesite of Mark Twain and his family which was interesting. But one day the homeowner showed up at the house with her parents. They drove from Conneticut. As they were walking around my son and I noticed the elderly man had a hat on that had something about Normandy. My son asked him about it and shook his hand and thanked him for fighting for us. The man then told us he was on the beach that day. Not only that but he said he was the youngest US soldier on that beach. He said there were about 15 of them that still meet with each other every year. He shared with us how horrible it was. He said he was talking to a friend during the fighting and then his friends face was completely gone. My son asked him out of all the movies he has seen about it which one was the most real. He said "Saving Private Ryan" was the closest he has seen to the way it really was. During that job I met a man that faced the evil of one of the worlds most horrible monsters as a teenager on a beach filled with death to protect a world from the most horrible evil man we had ever known and came away a victor with not only his life and freedom but ours also. I was proud to have met him.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.