• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Taking bets on where Fine Tune pops up next

Status
Not open for further replies.
How old of a feller is Fine tune?
Doesn't he know any better?
Has he never grew up?
I've seen a few of his videos, heard him bragging but, other than that, just what I've read here.
Just how old is the guy? Anyone know?

Reactions: Rwb
Just guessing, early to mid 50's.
Thanks. I don't know why but I had him pictured in his late 60's for some reason.
He is an arrogant one I agree.
He must have money to move and live all over the place. (Must be from those who never got a radio when ordering one or, those who sent in a radio and money and never got it back). Yes, I've heard those stories too.

Thanks. I don't know why but I had him pictured in his late 60's for some reason.
He is an arrogant one I agree.
@ForestRunner98 may be right, I was only guessing. When he was here in Amarillo, he was located right behind the TA and across from the streakin beacon. I saw him at the TA once, didn't talk to him or ever know the guy but happen to hear him talk to the clerk and it was a dead giveaway. So I only guesstimate age by the one time I saw the guy. I'd say he's only a couple of years older than me as it seemed at that particular instance.

My bet is he stays west of the rockies though i know a few locals here who would like to see him try to settle somewhere in Florida, just for fun.
In my 35+ years on 11m am ive never once heard someone boast that they were on a fine tune radio nor have i ever heard someone come back to someone saying thats one great sounding fine tune radio. Speaks to your character when you cant even afford a KOA camping spot in a desert yet allegedly selling super tuned $900+ radios tuned on super calibrated equipment.
I kept telling him he needed to spend less time with mic in his hand and more time with a soldering iron but i dont believe he listened. He kept calling me a window licker while giving bogus smokey reports to fantom truckers.
D-rails radios are in the same range of $900.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.