• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Taking out the Trash

Working with a Doppler unit and on VHF/UHF bands will definitely be a new adventure. I did very well on the 11M band, so I don't think it will be too difficult of an adaptation.

Thanks for the info, Buzz ... I'll see if I can make it down to the event.

I'm looking at getting one of these contraptions:

DF2020T Radio Direction Finder kit requires minimum assembly for 10~15 Minutes
They weren't kidding. Took less time to put this together than it took to make up the (4) 1/4 wave whips with BNC connectors ;)

Here's my thoughts ...

Lets start with Ryan Migliori as our top priority, Target #1 (T-1) ... his dad is the target of opportunity (T-2)

All T-hunters need to be on the same page when we start, so we need to conduct a brainstorming session to plan our course of action ahead of time. Maybe we can do this on Skype?

All we need is to confirm residence addresses for these individuals. No face-to-face confrontations, just stealth surveillance after target(s) location(s) acquired.

1. No mentioning or 'hinting' about what we're doing on the repeater when we're hunting.

2. Hunter's will need the other hunters's cell phone #s

3. We also need to set up alternate talk around frequencies:

Local repeater: _________
Simplex (TAC-1): _______

4. We need at least one 'Bait Station' - someone designated to keep the target station(s) engaged on the air.

5. Mobile 'Hunters' to monitor and track on the affected input frequency with RDF unit readings

6. Mobile 'Hunters' to monitor and track on the affected input frequency with S-meter readings

Anything I've missed?

Open a Skype account if not already signed up and let's get started ...

Let's utilize this thread to keep all of those involved in the loop (to start)

Reactions: 2 people
Strategy Point #4: Bait Station... "Migli... Miiiiiiiigli? Is that you?"

I'm relatively-well unknown as a player on this repeater. I might could change it up and draw him out.

I can go Skype on the back channel. kenafolsom.

I'm going to try to calibrate my RDF unit this w/e. My wife has agreed to stand in a parking lot with an HT keyed :love:

Anybody who wishes to be on the team, chime in here when you have a Skype account set up ... then we'll announce a date when we can set up a conference call.

Obviously, we'll need to know your Skype username, so PM or email your username to Daryl, Henry or myself and mention your desire to be on the team in your message. You will be placed in the T-hunt folder for all group related calls, messages, etc.

Let the games begin ... :love:

stick to skype or cells or HF for all hunt communication
(hell.. even good ol 11m would work...)

Hunters should use no VHF or UHF at all for fear of interception.

and when migtard gives out his location... he is usually somewhere within
a block or so of that location where he can watch that location...
he was very close to the location he stated last night...

and maybe Brett or a few others down south can go after the COCKBIRD

<can not stand it>

Big B

Good suggestion Brian. I think that some sort of radio rather than cells would be better, allowing all the hunters to hear group transmission(s) simultaneously.

We're gonna have a get together at DTO's in the near future and we can nail down all the particulars then ...

For the moment, during normal communications, maybe we can 'name' the repeaters with code names, so when we need to move off Sunset to communicate, the tards won't know what we're up to. Maybe something like this: (?)

Box Springs = Billy

Sunset = Sunny

Wilson = Willy

When we need to move off of whatever repeater we're on, just say something like 'I'm headed over to Willy's QTH' ... :tongue:

Good suggestion Brian. I think that some sort of radio rather than cells would be better, allowing all the hunters to hear group transmission(s) simultaneously.

We're gonna have a get together at DTO's in the near future and we can nail down all the particulars then ...

For the moment, during normal communications, maybe we can 'name' the repeaters with code names, so when we need to move off Sunset to communicate, the tards won't know what we're up to. Maybe something like this: (?)

Box Springs = Billy

Sunset = Sunny

Wilson = Willy

When we need to move off of whatever repeater we're on, just say something like 'I'm headed over to Willy's QTH' ... :tongue:

IRK...
I don't think you are not quite gettin my drift...
I feel the tards are using SCANNERS to monitor MANY
freqs at once... ( I KNOW Migtard has a scanner in the car)

so no matter where you move on a repeater or VHF UHF
simplex.. or what little code you use... he will find the
transmissions and hear you and react....

there are groupchat apps for smartphone/Iphones
or SKYPE can go group....
simplex type communication on other bands
SSB would be optimum....

HF
1.2 Gig or higher (where most scanners cant listen)
11m or FREEBAND

hell... he is probably on here reading this !!!

LOL

Big B

IRK...
I don't think you are not quite gettin my drift...
I feel the tards are using SCANNERS to monitor MANY
freqs at once... ( I KNOW Migtard has a scanner in the car)

so no matter where you move on a repeater or VHF UHF
simplex.. or what little code you use... he will find the
transmissions and hear you and react....

there are groupchat apps for smartphone/Iphones
or SKYPE can go group....
simplex type communication on other bands
SSB would be optimum....

HF
1.2 Gig or higher (where most scanners cant listen)
11m or FREEBAND

hell... he is probably on here reading this !!!

LOL

Big B

I agree with BIG on this. I suggest a free conference call service, such as FreeConference.com - Free Telephone Conference Call Service so you can have all "hunter's" on the same conference call to get that group information IRK mentioned.

Keeping this OFF AIR is key IMHO.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.