• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Talked to WalMart Today on a HT?

Youd need the tv, because youd never be able to show your face around town again without being hassled by the cops. And forget about ever going into wally world again.LOL

PR

That might backfire on the city AND Walmart if they lost a case. The aggrieved party just might prove in a new trial that there was prejudice against him because the other parties LOST. With the $$ he won (maybe) he could afford to shoot the city the bird, move away from the city and tell Walmart to go do something ugly to themselves! :LOL:

All this, of course, is mostly harmless speculation, but it could work. Sure would be FUNNY, tho!! I love to see smart-a&& cops get slapped down!!!!

CWM

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are a couple of excerpts from the MURS regulations that I believe have been overlooked by most people in this thread.

The channels authorized to MURS systems are available on a shared basis only and will not be assigned for the exclusive use of any entity. Those using MURS transmitters must cooperate in the selection and use of channels in order to reduce interference and make the most effective use of authorized facilities. Channels must be selected in an effort to avoid interference to other MURS transmissions.

MURS users shall take reasonable precautions to avoid causing harmful interference. This includes monitoring the transmitting frequency for communications in progress and such other measures as may be necessary to minimize the potential for causing interference.

While I am not trying to dissuade anyone from doing anything, I thought it might be fair to mention those regulations.

I doubt WalMart sells MURS rigs.

I don't see any stores that sell anything but FRS/GMRS radios.

i would not make it obvious, I would take a walk in the parking lot with a legal, type accepted murs radio and just talk on it, and wait for them to harrass me. you should be able to check FCC ULS database to see if walmart had a licence for that frequency that was grandfathered in before it became MURS, and if so, walmart will win and you are possibily causing delibrate and harmful interference. If not, then walmart still has not done anything wrong, unless they are impersonating an officer, and if it was an officer, well cops lie all the time about whats legal or not........but if he takes your radio, takes you to jail, physically assaults you, tazers you or shoots you down, then you got grounds to sue, just make sure you got money saved up for a lawyer cause most lawyers will not sue a government agency unless you have cash upfront, and still will not sure the police in their own town. I know cause i been there before. Unless you're black, your rich or you dad is best friends with the town mayor or some politician, you cant win, the law means shit to the powers that be, its rule of the mob and rule of the dollar that run this country today.

Reactions: 1 person
i would not make it obvious, I would take a walk in the parking lot with a legal, type accepted murs radio and just talk on it, and wait for them to harrass me. you should be able to check FCC ULS database to see if walmart had a licence for that frequency that was grandfathered in before it became MURS, and if so, walmart will win and you are possibily causing delibrate and harmful interference. If not, then walmart still has not done anything wrong, unless they are impersonating an officer, and if it was an officer, well cops lie all the time about whats legal or not........but if he takes your radio, takes you to jail, physically assaults you, tazers you or shoots you down, then you got grounds to sue, just make sure you got money saved up for a lawyer cause most lawyers will not sue a government agency unless you have cash upfront, and still will not sure the police in their own town. I know cause i been there before. Unless you're black, your rich or you dad is best friends with the town mayor or some politician, you cant win, the law means shit to the powers that be, its rule of the mob and rule of the dollar that run this country today.

I think Towerdog has a good handle on how the world works.

Unbelievable...and even more unbelievable to think that Walmart will ever pay that fine.

The FCC needs a reality check.

i like that idea! however, it's not a rent-a-cop stationed at the walmart...... it's a deridder town officer...
so it's an off duty cop that is using city equipment on a second job (paid by WM) :unsure:
sometimes that is required (by local law) before the town/city will let them operate. kind of like the cops that direct traffic at some churches on sundays, they (the churches) must try to stop any traffic congestion/safety issues they may cause so they hire off duty cops.

it also seems like the regs are very close to other services's rules. as long as you are using the freq first, then WM needs to "standby" and not interfere with you.

it also seems like the regs are very close to other services's rules. as long as you are using the freq first, then WM needs to "standby" and not interfere with you.

or they could start yelling 111111111111 Walmart Worldwide over and over

Reactions: 1 person
Wow, so much for a warning letter. I was under the impression they first gave a warning to stop the infraction.

Warnings (citations) are only required if you do not have a license and if the activity you are engaging in does not require a license. Lately, it seems the FCC has taken a "shoot first, ask questions later" attitude with respect to rule violations.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.