• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

talking on FM

towerdog

one-niner-seven
Nov 18, 2009
NC
yes, myself and some locals now regularly take part in this heresy from europe. sounds so much better than booming loud and distorted peaks with QRM all in between, especilly on a cheap ass booster.

Reactions: 1 person

My radio has FM mode. I will like to try it but I'm puzzled about the split frequency process. Do you always have to use split frequency for talking on FM mode?

My radio has FM mode. I will like to try it but I'm puzzled about the split frequency process. Do you always have to use split frequency for talking on FM mode?

yes , you need the offset, IF you are using an FM repeater, just turn the split (really more correctly called a repeater offset in this case) off and work simplex

I dunno, so far the evening ragchew begins on 38 SSB and its like, we are all within good range lets switch to FM, and switch down to some channel in the lower 30s.

No, you just talk like on any other channel with an Export radio. I have no idea how the ham guys do it on their special channels.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.