• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Talking skip no longer illegal

I would like to see FCC approve 100 watts as maximum power out. Many export radios produce high power.
Don't think that's going to happen in your life time.
What's the difference anyway? You and everyone else who uses exports, amplifiers and all the other goodies that are illegal in the eyes of the FCC, are still going to use them anyway. We don't need no stinking 100 watt limit law! How about a 1.5 k 11 M limit? Once again we don't need it. Chicken banders are basically a bunch of Bandits. And I I'm one of them. If one is worried about running more than the 4-12 watt limit, the easiest thing to do is not break the law.

Reactions: Staybolt and NZ8N
Nope never.. you want that power legally get your ticket
I'm a chicken Bander, and I absolutely agree with you. Do I myself follow the 4 AM 12 SSB output law? No. But like so many I'm obviously Taking Chances that might cost me big time. Financially and possibly in other ways. There has to be a legal limit and the fact that there is a huge difference between the limits allowed from a licensed needed system to a free radio single band one is needed.
There has to be a reason for people to want get a ham radio license.
The output limit (1.5 k depending) that's allowed once one obtains a operating license is (I'm sure) a motivating factor in one's descition to put in the time that it takes to pass the required test, or not.
I'm not certain of all the reasons why the laws are the way they are, but I think they are good ones. 73

I chose to venture into ham radio because (a) the equipment is better, (b) there are a greater number of frequencies available, and (c) the ham bands seem to be more regulated and as a result more orderly than CB.

Have been listening quite a bit on 6 meters and from 10 to 40 meters since I got my equipment (can't transmit as I don't yet have my license) and have not heard anything remotely resembling misconduct. I'm sure it exists, but I've not heard any.

Jim

PS Am averaging 95% on my Technician practice exams :D but only 70% on my General :( so still have some work to do. o_O

Reactions: WECSOG
I have thought about getting my tech ticket. But man the test are hard and I am old. I have to take test at work. But someday I will most likely do it. I have always failed the practice exams..

Know what you mean. I'm old, too! Hang in there.

Reactions: Sonar
I, myself have given thought to getting a ham license. I found a couple of internet sites that allowed me to listen to what's going on some of the ham bands. It was OK, but too structured for me. I like the free flow of the chicken band. The good, the bad and the ugly. Maybe someday I'll try to get my tech licence but for now I'll keep enjoying CB. Especially sideband.

Don't think that's going to happen in your life time.
What's the difference anyway? You and everyone else who uses exports, amplifiers and all the other goodies that are illegal in the eyes of the FCC, are still going to use them anyway. We don't need no stinking 100 watt limit law! How about a 1.5 k 11 M limit? Once again we don't need it. Chicken banders are basically a bunch of Bandits. And I I'm one of them. If one is worried about running more than the 4-12 watt limit, the easiest thing to do is not break the law.

Been a rebel all my life myself. I already like you.

I, myself have given thought to getting a ham license. I found a couple of internet sites that allowed me to listen to what's going on some of the ham bands. It was OK, but too structured for me. I like the free flow of the chicken band. The good, the bad and the ugly. Maybe someday I'll try to get my tech licence but for now I'll keep enjoying CB. Especially sideband.

Thanks to you, codeman, I've changed my mind.

CB Rules!!!

Be on the lookout for some good deals on ham equipment, everybody! (y)

Now if I can just find me a mint Golden Eagle that's been recapped and aligned. :rolleyes:

This doesnt amount to a hill of beans.
I never knew talking to skip was illegal thats now legalized but where is skip ?? I havnt heard decent skip conditions since the early 2000,s.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.