• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Talking skip no longer illegal

To make something like that a law is assanine. Isnt that the whole point of a 2 way radio, to talk to someone who is far away? Wait your 100 miles away? I cant talk to you bye. Hahaha, fcc, ridiculous

What it boils down to is they screwed the pooch from day one.
I totally understand what the concept was when they tried to create a " short range " radio service back in the 50's but the ignorance of how propagation works doomed that rule from the start.
Many QRP operators have proved that it is very easy to talk DX in this portion of the hf band and why they did not think of that I don't understand.
I did not take long for users to become aware of it.
I was surprised they dropped the rule, and now adding FM to the mix is another step that was kind of a surprise.

Jeff

I have thought about getting my tech ticket. But man the test are hard and I am old. I have to take test at work. But someday I will most likely do it. I have always failed the practice exams..
i agree plus more $$$ n my queen of the house said NO MORE RADIOS

Actually increasing output on the CB band has been open to public comments with the fcc before but i doubt that will ever be changed.
There was not enough interest voiced to them to change power output.
The " legal" way to do it is with 8 elements sitting horizontal on a long boom..........

Jeff

i agree plus more $$$ n my queen of the house said NO MORE RADIOS

With 8 elements on a long boom she will be saying NO MORE ANTENNAS!. :ROFLMAO:

With 8 elements on a long boom she will be saying NO MORE ANTENNAS!. :ROFLMAO:
haha you must be readin my mail. got 50 ft of rohn tower layin in back yard n it s shhhh. might be something big on it some day

haha you must be readin my mail. got 50 ft of rohn tower layin in back yard n it s shhhh. might be something big on it some day

She’s gonna love the 60,000 tiny LED lamps spread over every square inch of that tower and 8-Element!!

Be sure to have the local TV station out for the Facebook & Instagram premiere!

Reactions: Rwb
She’s gonna love the 60,000 tiny LED lamps spread over every square inch of that tower and 8-Element!!

Be sure to have the local TV station out for the Facebook & Instagram premiere!

will do,ribbon cutting ceremony

Reactions: Slowmover
Yes but we all try to enjoy playing radio, that's the main idea.
My brothers and I stared playing radio on CB and later got our ticket when we discovered how much room there was on other bands.
I still enjoy dx on both CB and the ham bands, it's all radio for me.
CB is a great beacon for 10 and 12 meters lol.
Anyway, yes guys run amps on 11 meters and guys run 3 x legal limit on the bands that's been going on forever.

What we're we talking about?

Jeff

Yes but we all try to enjoy playing radio, that's the main idea.
My brothers and I stared playing radio on CB and later got our ticket when we discovered how much room there was on other bands.
I still enjoy dx on both CB and the ham bands, it's all radio for me.
CB is a great beacon for 10 and 12 meters lol.
Anyway, yes guys run amps on 11 meters and guys run 3 x legal limit on the bands that's been going on forever.

What we're we talking about?

Jeff
yep,if i hear voices im satisfied no matter what band.quiet radios are boring

Reactions: S&W357
Don't think that's going to happen in your life time.
What's the difference anyway? You and everyone else who uses exports, amplifiers and all the other goodies that are illegal in the eyes of the FCC, are still going to use them anyway. We don't need no stinking 100 watt limit law! How about a 1.5 k 11 M limit? Once again we don't need it. Chicken banders are basically a bunch of Bandits. And I I'm one of them. If one is worried about running more than the 4-12 watt limit, the easiest thing to do is not break the law.
Hell yeah we are. Bandits and outlaws. Those same kind of people founded this country.

Reactions: Rwb and S&W357

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.