• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tax refund dreams RCI 69FFB4 or RCI 2970N4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the return counted as income when the tax was already paid on it?

The real question is why capital gains is taxed at a lower rate? Or why stocks, bonds, annuities aren’t counted against “property tax”. Stock sales not subject to sales tax. Etc. You “own” it a ten-thousandth of a second, you should pay state, local & federal tax on its highest value that day.

Let’s eliminate the capital gains tax and make ALL income subject to income tax. The 1959 code updated for inflation. Waive all who make under $250k annually.

And no more income ceiling on SS/FICA contribution . (Social Security will not ever go broke, in fact we could lower retirement ten years and raise benefits to something worthwhile).

Corporations paid 90% of federal expenditures in 1959. And

I think the only ideal is that Americans own their own businesses, farms, etc.

In the meantime, the earlier deal was the better deal.

Term limits for Congress.

No more private money in elections. Get 10,000 signatures and qualify for tax funds. TV advertising free under a plan. Paper ballots.

At state level: unicameral legislatures.

And no more insider trading. Nancy Pelosi worth over $120-million on decades of $100k/year.

The term limit problem is in bureaucracy. Senior Executive Service. Agencies allowed to write law. And revolving door with private industry.

Big problems take a long time to understand. Why one wants a pastor or attorney or doctor with long experience.

The real question is why capital gains is taxed at a lower rate? Or why stocks, bonds, annuities aren’t counted against “property tax”. Stock sales not subject to sales tax. Etc. You “own” it a ten-thousandth of a second, you should pay state, local & federal tax on its highest value that day.

Let’s eliminate the capital gains tax and make ALL income subject to income tax. The 1959 code updated for inflation. Waive all who make under $250k annually.

And no more income ceiling on SS/FICA contribution . (Social Security will not ever go broke, in fact we could lower retirement ten years and raise benefits to something worthwhile).

Corporations paid 90% of federal expenditures in 1959. And

I think the only ideal is that Americans own their own businesses, farms, etc.

In the meantime, the earlier deal was the better deal.

You basically want all wealth to hop a jet to Puerto Rico or someplace with similar tax laws?

I get only a few dollars back every year but if I got over a grand I'd by me another Backup Transceiver such as an ICOM 775 DSP loaded with filters. I might never use it but it sure would be pretty sitting there lit up on my 2nd desk just in case the ICOM 7600 quit. It's a BIG Radio & if I am dreaming I'm dreaming BIG. It's far less money than the $12,000 of a New ICOM 7851 because I can't dream that BIG because I'd wet the bed I bet. LOL {:>)

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: drgrant
So I realize this is not radio related but it does say tax refund in the title so I will continue off course and vent.

As a former tax preparer NOTHING is more frustrating then prepping a tax for a "single" mom w 3 kids that made 13xxx all year.. soaked every social system (Medicaid, food stamps, wick, govt housing, energy assistance, tantif...ect) get back a 9 k refund!! Total bullshit. The "earned" income tax credit is way out of hand and simply rewards people for poor life choices.

I'm not one to see kids starve and go homeless & w out health care and if they need the help then ok but then hold them accountable for the assistance. They DO NOT deserve these enormous tax returns. When you pay in less than 1000 but get back 8+ times that amount from tax credits.....wtf?...Where's the incentive to better yourself and rise up and make a better life for yourself and your kids... but then again the powers that be dont want that.. more reliance on the govt...more control..like sheep to slaughter.
These are just my opinions and if I offended anyone.... oh well. 73 and catch me ranting on the air sometime:)

So I realize this is not radio related but it does say tax refund in the title so I will continue off course and vent.

As a former tax preparer NOTHING is more frustrating then prepping a tax for a "single" mom w 3 kids that made 13xxx all year.. soaked every social system (Medicaid, food stamps, wick, govt housing, energy assistance, tantif...ect) get back a 9 k refund!! Total bullshit. The "earned" income tax credit is way out of hand and simply rewards people for poor life choices.

I'm not one to see kids starve and go homeless & w out health care and if they need the help then ok but then hold them accountable for the assistance. They DO NOT deserve these enormous tax returns. When you pay in less than 1000 but get back 8+ times that amount from tax credits.....wtf?...Where's the incentive to better yourself and rise up and make a better life for yourself and your kids... but then again the powers that be dont want that.. more reliance on the govt...more control..like sheep to slaughter.
These are just my opinions and if I offended anyone.... oh well. 73 and catch me ranting on the air sometime:)
I agree 100%. The icing on the cake is them walking around the grocery store with 4 obese children and a cart full of junk food.

The first time I got hit with a big tax bill, I went on a rampage. Told the wife we were getting divorced and we would play their stupid game. I never actually went that far, but I did find a better tax guy. I now have him work up projected taxes in October, and there have been several years that I took a month or more off work and it didn't cost me a dime.

The irs does a good job of scaring tax professionals into being little tax collectors. I had one lady tell me that if I did something wrong that it was her duty to report it to the irs.

If your tax person isn't helping you to do things differently to legally reduce your tax liability, you are getting hosed more than necessary.

You basically want all wealth to hop a jet to Puerto Rico or someplace with similar tax laws?

Worked fine in 1959. Look at the rest of the context.

Same with corporations (context). Are you citizen of three states? A corporation should have to incorporate in a single state to do business there.

AND no corporation may own shares in another. Bye by national and international corps

Corporate law is where rubber and road meet.

In the meantime, making taxes an equitable burden is only right.

Etc

Whatever roadblocks an ordinary man from providing for his family. As a paycheck isn’t that thing.

The debate in this country before/after the Civil War on was it right for one American to work for another. Economic Freedom IS political freedom.

I have no problem with anyone having an opinion. Outrageously false claims are a different story.

Corporations paid 90% of federal expenditures in 1959.

Say what? What country, because this never happened in the USA? Not even close.

It is not my intention to start a pissing match, just a reminder to fact check things we hear. Forming opinions based on fallacies doesn't help anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.