• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tax refund dreams RCI 69FFB4 or RCI 2970N4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's think economical but decent performance..

Galaxy DX-949 with receive mod, open clarifier for +4/-4 khz, and basic tune-up and alignment.. it has the FC347 jack on the back already.. run that with the existing TS350..

Again as a base unit in a house..

I'd like the RCI2950CD for the non drift thing, but how much can a new aligned Galaxy 949 truly be bad for light SSB work..

The cheapest 2950CD I found is $295 oem without alignment and tune.. the DX949 works out to $230 or so ready to go..

I assume you are just wanting to spend some cash? All of the mods you listed for the galaxy are unnecessary and a waste in my opinion. You would have much better performance out of the 148 you posted for sale. I'm pretty sure most anyone would agree that the galaxy is a significant downgrade.

I'd spring for the RCI if you are wanting a new rig, at least you will get more features and not give up performance.

I assume you are just wanting to spend some cash? All of the mods you listed for the galaxy are unnecessary and a waste in my opinion. You would have much better performance out of the 148 you posted for sale. I'm pretty sure most anyone would agree that the galaxy is a significant downgrade.

I'd spring for the RCI if you are wanting a new rig, at least you will get more features and not give up performance.

Grabbed the RCI-2950CD.. decided amp separate made sense as well..

Anyone with one feel free to respond to my post about it..

Like Loosecannon said; stay away of the 6900's & I agree.
Good choice on the 2950 w/amp!

I have worked lots of stations in the Pacific area and along the Asia coast back in the year of 2000-2002, all with just a 2950dx barefoot and 5 element beam. Never a complaint about the radio on this end!

Many years ago I was buying up a lot of used 2950dx & 2970dx radios and reselling them to radio operators in the Pacific. They were all wanting the RCI's and nothing else.

Last edited:
Like Loosecannon said; stay away of the 6900's & I agree.
Good choice on the 2950 w/amp!

I have worked lots of stations in the Pacific area and along the Asia coast back in the year of 2000-2002, all with just a 2950dx barefoot and 5 element beam. Never a complaint about the radio on this end!

Many years ago I was buying up a lot of used 2950dx & 2970dx radios and reselling them to radio operators in the Pacific. They were all wanting the RCI's and nothing else.
Just a 5 element beam? That's funny

And in which they fail to pay interest.

Or refund our tiny portion after Treasury thieves have been caught, (corporations disbanded; execs & directors board now liable) assets stripped and executions pronounced.

Yet another symbolic fraction after survivors pay hangman’s fee & rope cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: undertaker
And in which they fail to pay interest.

Or refund our tiny portion after Treasury thieves have been caught, (corporations disbanded; execs & directors board now liable) assets stripped and executions pronounced.

Yet another symbolic fraction after survivors pay hangman’s fee & rope cost.

We are in control of our W4's. If they take out more money than you owe then claim more dependents. Not the govs fault.

Your right, no one ever gets it exact. But being off a few dollars is better than the gov holding thousands of dollars in returns. I really dont care for some of the areas my legitimate tax dollars go let alone giving them a few thousand more interest free to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.