• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Technician HF

Dxcc and WAS are goals of the hobby for some.

Analogy:
Guys that get rapped up into hotrods. Have the ability to be fast but just cruze the streets or take it to the track for time slips. Its just a piece of paper but its proof. WAS on ft8 is like a blown SS maro running 13s vs WAS cw and running 10s..

The guy with the race car seems way cooler by comparison.

Reactions: Rwb and Blackcat630
I'm a little late to the party... My opinion.. just leave the license requirements the way they are for a while. If people REALLY want hf then let them upgrade. If you want to FT8 (sucks) whatever.. different strokes. Dxcc earned voice or cw with modest antennas and power levels obviously requires more practice, patience and operator skill than FT8. That said I don't really care what your mode of operation is but you do have to understand there is a big difference. WAS ft8 on 6 NOT the same as voice! .

By the way Capt KW.. you need to get that knee squared away and put some decent aluminum on that big free standing tower. I don't have your grid on the higher bands :D
hey i appreciate your opinion,we all got em n all are diffrent.
Kinda glad too cause if we were all same opinion based be a sad gloomy world

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?