• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Telescopic Push Up Poles

LoneWolf TN

Apr 2, 2005
Anyone have any sources for telescopic push up poles? Preferabley fiberlgass. I'd like to find something in the 50' range. I found a few net sources but their pricing was waaaay
up there.
Thanks, LoneWolf TN

d

FL Native, couldn't find any push ups or telescopics on that site. I'll try and give 'em a call. Found a few folks selling reconditioned Rohn push up poles for good prices, but I don't know how old the posts are.

Thanks, LoneWolf TN

what about making your own, i remember helping my ad make one and i will be making one when i got my licence

Lowe's has 'em and so does Radio Shack (some of 'em do). They're not fiberglass, though.

I went into 2 Lowe's in So.Cal and asked about push up poles and they looked at me like i was nuts ...No go on those around here anyway . The Rat Shack carried a very well made 36ft push up but they have been discontinued as of 2003 ....in 2004 I was able to get 3 off of them at 3 different store locations for about 40.00 dollars a piece ,1/2 off regular price because of the discontinuation. But if you do have a Rat shack in your area ? might not hurt to ask ,40.00 bucks for a very well made 36ft push up pole ain't bad.

f

Same here on the Lowes, they don't carry them around middle TN. I've had 2 RatShack push up poles, one is still in the air - but I want to go higher.

LoneWolf TN

I think now-a-days ,those push up poles are becoming a thing of the past ,IM sure more people baught them with TV antenna's in mind depending on where they lived ? Now with Cable and satillite ,the tv antenna is slowly but surely becoming a thing of the past ? IM really specualting here ,but even the local radio shops around here don't carry them or do they even do outside antenna installs for insurance and what not reasons ? I do installs from time to time for other people and getting a push up can be a real trying experiance around these parts ,(and I basically live in Los Angeles) even Dow Electronics quit carrying them over the years and they wanted over 100.00 for a 50ft'er once upon a time ago , I suppose if there is a will there is a way ,but it's kind of sad that I can't even go down to the local hardware store or even Rat shack to get one now-a-days )-:

Actually push up masts are still popular. In the outskirts of many areas you cannot get high speed internet unless you buy the satelite system at BIG DOLLARS or go wireless. Then you need a push up mast to get a small yagi in the air pointed to the source. Local radio shacks in my area will carry them and even special order if you ask when they run out.

you would think you were right there Happy-H , I always was a fan of Rat shack over the years but it surely seems in these parts that they have done away with alot of radio communation equipment ,once upon a time ago you could go in there and buy just about anything you needed at a price , they even had all sizes of coax at one time ,now if your lucky ?and you go in maybe looking for a couple of 259ers and a few reducers ? (if they have them?) your looking at damned near 8.00 dollars for a pair of both !!! and that's totally rediculous !!! That also goes for any parts you might need. I was also told that they don't even put out a catalog anymore as of a few years ago, that they would prefer you use there on line catalog (believe it or not ? there's still a lot of folks out there that do not have PC's in there homes) and if you do find what you need ? now your looking at shipping costs on top of that !! Now-a-Days I think they should call it "The Cell Phone Shack" and leave it at that.

There's a guy in Franklinton NC that can get Rohn pushup mast. Actually he keeps a bunch in his shop(new). He's not a tech just a ole guy that buys,sells,trades anything and everything related to ham/cb communications I have a 50 footer that I paid him $78 new and its very strong and easy to let up and down. BTW Lowes can get them. Here at my local store they have 30 and 40 foot channel master pushup mast. So they are around 8)

I chaecked when I was at our local rat shack and they still carry them. Also lowe's has them.

Might watch around your nieghborhood for one up by a house and see what they are going to do with it. I got my last one by checking and found out the lady that used it passed and they gave the 40' pole and ground plane to me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.