• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Telescoping Antenna mast

not sure how i reposted that sorry still working this new site out, RandL has great prices and just like you i wanted a mast but the shipping would've been out of mind.
ATM-65 HYGAIN ATM65 65ft and all the way down to 6ft to ship, sorry about the big letters not sure how or why it did it

Looking for a decent price & shipping for 20-30 ft. mast, other than whats listed on e-bay. Surely someone
knows where to find one. NEW OR USED doesn't matter. Let us hear from you. and good evening to you/yours.

I needed a mast last year but felt like they were all too expensive for what they were. Went to home depot and they have the chain link fence rail where the one end is slightly crimped to fit into the next section. Bought a couple of 12' sections and drilled holes and put some quick disconnect screws and presto 24' mast for imax 2000. Works great.

I needed a mast last year but felt like they were all too expensive for what they were. Went to home depot and they have the chain link fence rail where the one end is slightly crimped to fit into the next section. Bought a couple of 12' sections and drilled holes and put some quick disconnect screws and presto 24' mast for imax 2000. Works great.
Thats sorta wha I have now, except I chose pipe size to slide inside each other with a bolt/nut set-up to set at desired height. I had telescopic in late 60's, with a 3 elemant beam and vertical in top, and wanted one now for vertical only. Appreciate the reply.

Go to your local hardware store and buy 2 or 3 joints of 21ft joints of pipe and build you one....just get the sections of pipe and slide them inside each other and drill a hole through them to hold them in place and make you a hinge to raise and lower it....that way the bottom wont kick out on you as you raise it up.....and the metal pipe wont break....

Looking for a decent price & shipping for 20-30 ft. mast, other than whats listed on e-bay. Surely someone
knows where to find one. NEW OR USED doesn't matter. Let us hear from you. and good evening to you/yours.
Big bucks, friend just bought one on internet and was $400. Better off fabricating your own.

Reactions: Oatmeal
A lot cheaper to build your own that way you no what you have and if it will be strong enough, ect....

I had the guys at the shop to weld me up a hinge plate, mine is made out of 2 plates, 1/2" thick plates and a foot square, had a 3ft piece of 3" pipe welded on the 1/2" thick plate, and drilled a hole through this pipe about 2ft up from the bottom....this didn't cost anything got this all from scrap..

Now will go with a 21ft joint of 2" pipe, this will slide inside the 3" thats welded on the plate, and will drill a hole in this 2' pipe about 3ft from the top, and this pipe will cost me 102.00 bucks for a 21ft joint of 2" galvanized.....

Next I will go with a 1.25" galvanized 10ft piece of pipe that will slide inside the 2" pipe, this sells for 3.49 a ft here...already had this piece of pipe..
Will drill a hole in it and use a grade 8 bolt and run it through both pieces of pipe and just going up about 27ft, thats all I can do....going to go with a 3 element beam on mine, and also set it up so I can run a dipole or 2 off it...

Total I will have in this around 160.00 bucks...

And the hinge plate the guys welded up, they say it will handle all the weight I wanted to put on it.......

Mine is over kill, the guys used a brace 1/4" thick on all 4 corners of mine, and the bottom plate also has a 3ft piece of 2" pipe welded on it, this will be in the ground 3ft with cement around it...and I used a piece of drill steel to make the hinge bolt out of, this is some tough steel won't break...

But I would suggest having you one welded up and that way you no what you have and how much weight it will handle....had this onemade to be heavyduty, due to the situation I'm in here...

Last edited:
There use to buy a lady in Florida that use to sell used them dirt cheap I do not know what happened to her. I guess when she sold the last one she shut down the website

Last edited:
Work good with a Solarcon or Big Stick pushed up along the trunk of a big tree with bands placed around the tree at appropriate intervals. Had one in the 70's With the antenna tip at 70-80'. Could work mobiles barefooted on both ends at 20-25 miles with S8-9 when the skip/QRM was down. As to getting one, make friends with an independent trucker who can pick up one and haul for free or for a much lower fee (cash) than standard shipping. As an aside, never had any problem with bending or lighting, but did have to loosen the straps every couple of years to allow for growth of the tree.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.