• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Testing 123 testing.

Not so fast, aren't all non-scrambled transmissions public domain?

I used to believe they were but in Texas, I've read multiple stories of municipal law enforcement going after people for parking near wifi owner's homes and borrowing their internet. Apparently they believe that pedophiles, hackers, and other miscreants use this method to do whatever it is they do. I think it's all bullshit but no one asked me.

I used to believe they were but in Texas, I've read multiple stories of municipal law enforcement going after people for parking near wifi owner's homes and borrowing their internet. Apparently they believe that pedophiles, hackers, and other miscreants use this method to do whatever it is they do. I think it's all bullshit but no one asked me.

Civil rights do not exist in Texas so we can't use them as a measuring stick, I say if you don't have the sense to secure your modem or at least hire it done then it's your ass.

Surely Capn k had a public link upage.

Nope. The local cable provider,Eastlink, has provided open WiFi access in some small towns and rural areas in limited areas to demonstrate their wireless internet service. :D

Don't recall every seeing a provider offering a free demonstration of their internet service.

I have an unsecured (well not encrypted at least) wifi signal at my house, I don't give a damn who uses it but it is set up to log everything. So far no problems.

Nope. The local cable provider,Eastlink, has provided open WiFi access in some small towns and rural areas in limited areas to demonstrate their wireless internet service. :D

Our local pizza shop and the place that serves black ipecac they call espresso and a couple more I haven't taken time to check have it but the distance it transmits is poor and if you're a block away then it's a no go.

Don't recall every seeing a provider offering a free demonstration of their internet service.

I have an unsecured (well not encrypted at least) wifi signal at my house, I don't give a damn who uses it but it is set up to log everything. So far no problems.

You got a firewall between your PC and the router? I have mine encrypted all to hell and back. (Let me clarify that. My son the I.T. geek has it encrypted and fire-walled.) :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.