• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Star 350 hdv help

casios

Apr 3, 2005
The amp keys but no modulation...I personally setup new. I did the conversion well over 8 months ago. This amp was keyed on too many times with sever SWR issue's. The guy I set it up for recently came to me with a rx issue with his radio and I found the swr's were off the meter. Replaced the antenna and everything with the radio is ok.....weak but ok.....the amp however is not...exteral frequency counter shows a goofy number when keyed up on...
where should I begin?
Thanks
Cas

When you say keys but no modulation, do you mean the amp shows a good dead-key level but no "swing", or do you mean you hear the relay kick in, but don't get any output? If the latter, almost guaranteed to be the power transistors. If the former, check the output with a 'scope, and see if its clean. It may still be the amp's power transistors, but it also could be the radio.

DTB,

The output meter on the amplifier shows no key nor swing, it doe light up like its supposed to. The relay in the amplifier does key up and work fine when keyed from the radio. The radio does fine with the Slingblade(2x4) so I am sure the radio is doing what its supposed to...
replace the 2879's?

Thanks

Cas

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.