• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Star 350HDV

Because these rheostats are prone to failure even w/o that added stress and often do. You would just be forcing it to happen sooner due to the extra load stress on it. IIRC, they are rated @ 2w and should be 10w.

Thank you Rob and everyone for your responses. For the question about the antenna and the coax. I'm using a 4ft Firestick and RG-8X. The 80 amp is enough, I run a 667V at full power with no problems so I'm certain it can handle the 350HDV.

Hi Gary..did you end up getting your questions answered.? Seemed like people go off topic quite often and don't answer right away lol.

I had a very similar problem but it was a simple coax problem and water, then now I have the 350HDV and it wont key up, lights up and clicks but the meter does not move and does not transmit anymore.

I've never received a clear answer yet, im also not mechanically inclined so repairs would take me 6mths lol.

Cheers
Duane
+DUANEHEWSONBRD

Sounds like the amp is oscillating. I am leaning with LC on tins one. RF is getting in from somewhere. Have you tried to Lower the dead key as well. Take it down to 1-2 watts max. I know it's not much, but may help. Sometimes changing a jumper length from the radio to the amp will help as well. Mobile installs can have so many issues that it's hard to point to just one. Go through the whole system and check all connectors and coax. Time to break out the OHM meter. That or send it to a reputable tech. JMO. God bless.

Hi Gary..did you end up getting your questions answered.? Seemed like people go off topic quite often and don't answer right away lol.

I had a very similar problem but it was a simple coax problem and water, then now I have the 350HDV and it wont key up, lights up and clicks but the meter does not move and does not transmit anymore.

I've never received a clear answer yet, im also not mechanically inclined so repairs would take me 6mths lol.

Cheers
Duane
+DUANEHEWSONBRD

Hi Duane,

No, I have been relocating from California to Georgia the past few weeks so I haven't had much time to do anything, but I going to start working on it again in the next week or two.

Update: Turned out to be a bad solder joint on the relay. When I put in the new relay it came out a little when I soldered it making an intermittent connection, I had to remove all the solder, hold the relay in place so it wouldn't back out and solder it again, now all is good with the amp.

Reactions: binrat

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.