• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Star 667 install

If you can find some old 24 volt computer fans they work great. By running them at 12 volts they are quiet and still move plenty of air.

If you can find some old 24 volt computer fans they work great. By running them at 12 volts they are quiet and still move plenty of air.
Good idea years ago when we didn't have any decent 12v fans. We do now. There are many decent 12v fans to chose from now that are quiet, have thermal tracking and come with LED's. I just bought a bunch of these for my 12v cooling projects;

SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd.- SUSCOOL121

suscool121-01.jpg

I meant to make a shroud to really force air over the heatsink. I havent even seen the actual amp yet its delivered to my house in CT, but I'm on vacation in Florida. I can't wait to hook this thing up. that power combined with my antenna configuration should make for a Hell of a talkin mobile.

What do these things usually put out for power?

Over the years five locals here ran 667's. The three main factors that effect wattage readings are peak drive input, the gauge of wire used, and your vehicle ability to maintain voltage. That said when we tested several on a Bird 43P meter the peak range was 500-550 watts.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah but you just buy the good one from AutoZone with the warrantee and when it blows up once a year you get a free one. So far they haven't caught on like Radio Shack did with the "Lifetime" tube warranty.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.