• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas star DX 1600 to linear,

karn

May 31, 2016
After lots of research and looking at pics and videos of other converted models,) I seemd to notice my DX 1600 was not converted to linear, and this is apparently why it does not work, so one thing I noticed is this ceramic disk capacitor seems like it should be be moved to the trace to the left with the orange wire, is this the only thing I have I to do to convert these? (Most mod notes on web including cb tricks are for older models and are not accurate)
j98s51.jpg

f9edz8.jpg

In your pic, the top leg of the 15pf disc cap moves from the foil where it's soldered to the orange wire just to the left. Of course, there's an empty hole at the end of a foil trace that leads to the orange wire, right next to this cap. That will do fine, as well.

In your pic, the top leg of the 15pf disc cap moves from the foil where it's soldered to the orange wire just to the left. Of course, there's an empty hole at the end of a foil trace that leads to the orange wire, right next to this cap. That will do fine, as well.

I greatly appreciate any help and advice, is this all that is needed for operation?

This is one model of Texas Star I have never had to "convert", so if there are other details, I'm not the one to ask. But the picture was clear enough to determine how to activate the keying circuit. Moving that one lead on the disc cap will do this. But that's all it will do, make the relays click when you key the radio into it.

If there are other steps required, I can't speak from experience on that.

I greatly appreciate any help and advice, is this all that is needed for operation?

This is one model of Texas Star I have never had to "convert", so if there are other details, I'm not the one to ask. But the picture was clear enough to determine how to activate the keying circuit. Moving that one lead on the disc cap will do this. But that's all it will do, make the relays click when you key the radio into it.

If there are other steps required, I can't speak from experience on that.

Thank you, I'll start with that and see where it gets me

Lesson learned, always buy an amplifier from a shop that does good tech work. This way the amp can get converted and shipped one time, then it's plug and play.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.