• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Star dx500v capacitor C45...91pF

Lomchivok

Oct 9, 2021
I need to replace the 91pF (C45) metal clad mica capacitor in my dx500v. Anyone know the voltage rating of that cap??

Pretty sure it's 500 Volts. The current rating is more important to the part used on the amplifier's output like C45. The metal mica has more metal in it, and a higher current rating than most ceramic disc or silver-mica caps with the same capacitance rating.

It's just not marked anywhere on the part.

One way around this is to put 3 or 4 or more disc or silver-mica capacitors in parallel. This splits the RF current three or four ways, and reduces risk of overheating.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Well, I pulled it out of the circuit. It's actually 100 pF not 91 but it tests at 225 pF. I did order from RF parts a few metal clad 91's and 100's but they're 350 volts...might not matter the voltage??

• Haha
Reactions: groundwire

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated