• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TH-f6 + sat

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Trying to run sat in dual band mode...when I key on 2m ABAND 70cm BBAND doesn't receive ? I am used to the mobile radio where it continues to rx on the other band den tho I am transmitting.
Is there a setting on the Kenwood I have set wrong !?
Also, AO-51 IS OFF ? What sat's can I work with ?????

Ty from the help.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Yay! Just Ordered the Diamond SRH320A for my HT and the Kenwood SMC-34 Does the mic have a thing on the bottom to plug in some headphones??? Going to order the Arrow Yagi later this week and a local ham said they make Motoorized bases that track the sat that would BE super Awesome to load the yagi on a tripod and have a auto motor thing.. i was just going to build my own joy stick motor for a tripod and the yagi. I am super Excited to get into Sat stuff but i a complete n00b and all i can find is the AO51 and its shut down... in the mean time i also have a PRYME AL-800 that supposedly can work the sats....

Trying to run sat in dual band mode...when I key on 2m ABAND 70cm BBAND doesn't receive ? I am used to the mobile radio where it continues to rx on the other band den tho I am transmitting.
Is there a setting on the Kenwood I have set wrong !?
Also, AO-51 IS OFF ? What sat's can I work with ?????

Ty from the help.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

In reading the manual I see no reference to that HT being capable of full duplex operation. It appears it will NOT TX on one band while RX at the same time on another.

Yay! Just Ordered the Diamond SRH320A for my HT and the Kenwood SMC-34 Does the mic have a thing on the bottom to plug in some headphones???

Personally I check these kinds of things out BEFORE I buy them. Makes life a lot easier.

Going to order the Arrow Yagi later this week and a local ham said they make Motoorized bases that track the sat that would BE super Awesome to load the yagi on a tripod and have a auto motor thing.. i was just going to build my own joy stick motor for a tripod and the yagi. I am super Excited to get into Sat stuff but i a complete n00b and all i can find is the AO51 and its shut down... in the mean time i also have a PRYME AL-800 that supposedly can work the sats....

I used to have a passion for working the "easysats" as they were called however just like the availability of spacecraft to work, that passion has diminished immensely over the last several years.

AMSAT - Satellite Status

Personally I check these kinds of things out BEFORE I buy them. Makes life a lot easier.

I used to have a passion for working the "easysats" as they were called however just like the availability of spacecraft to work, that passion has diminished immensely over the last several years.

AMSAT - Satellite Status

Thanks, Cap'n! Do u know how to set the thf6 to simutainusly rx 70cm while tx on vhf..or vise versa?

Ok thanks. Is dual rx/tx really needed working SaT's?

Dual receive is NOT the same as full duplex. The TH-F6 has dual receive. It does NOT have full duplex capability. Dual receive means it can listen to two different frequencies at the same time. Full duplex means it will receive one frequency while transmitting on another frequency at the same time. Dual receive is really of no use on sats while full duplex operation is an asset as you can hear yourself on the downlink. It is not an absolute necessity however if you know about Doppler shift and have your memories set up properly to account for it. I worked many sat contacts and never had full duplex capability.

Dual receive is NOT the same as full duplex. The TH-F6 has dual receive. It does NOT have full duplex capability. Dual receive means it can listen to two different frequencies at the same time. Full duplex means it will receive one frequency while transmitting on another frequency at the same time. Dual receive is really of no use on sats while full duplex operation is an asset as you can hear yourself on the downlink. It is not an absolute necessity however if you know about Doppler shift and have your memories set up properly to account for it. I worked many sat contacts and never had full duplex capability.

Okay another reason for me to purchase the vx-8dr :)

Need to find the list of all full duplex ht's

Icom w32a, alinco g7t, yaesu ft-51r.
Guess ill be using the ftm-350ar and the yagi on a tripod.

Okay another reason for me to purchase the vx-8dr :)

Need to find the list of all full duplex ht's

Don't bother looking for a list. I doubt one exists unless you are luck enough to find a comparison chart somewhere. Instead learn what to look for and then check out the specs of any and all rigs that interest you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.