• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TH-f6 + sat

Yes
Problem is every ham iv met is my great grandpa's age !!!! :headbang:

Stop looking at the mall.

Whenever I need help or advice, I usually seek out the gray haired people.

Bunch of old codgers on here as well.

Probably learn a lot more from the old codgers than you ever would from the young whipper snappers. You may not like WHAT the say or HOW they say it but it is still the voice of experiance talking. ;)

At one time there was a list of full duplex capable HT's but I doubt its been updated. The Kenwood TH-D72 works great for the FM sats, but you will need to use earphones so you don't have feedback issues and you need to switch between the A and B VFO to transmit and adjust RX for doppler, since Kenwood doesn't allow you to program crossband odd splits on the D72 or the THF6.

Once you get the arrow antenna, you should be able to get on AO-27 quite easily. AO-27 only operates in repeater mode once it crosses about 30 degrees north latitude on an ascending pass(south to north) and quits repeater mode about 7 minutes later

At one time there was a list of full duplex capable HT's but I doubt its been updated. The Kenwood TH-D72 works great for the FM sats, but you will need to use earphones so you don't have feedback issues and you need to switch between the A and B VFO to transmit and adjust RX for doppler, since Kenwood doesn't allow you to program crossband odd splits on the D72 or the THF6.

Once you get the arrow antenna, you should be able to get on AO-27 quite easily. AO-27 only operates in repeater mode once it crosses about 30 degrees north latitude on an ascending pass(south to north) and quits repeater mode about 7 minutes later

Good to know. I Decided to just use the THF6 for now and the Arrow.

I have just found a really cool ap on the Google market for my motorola xoom that allows me to View only passing Armature radio Sat's with live tracking & it works Grrreat it seems to be very accurate. Question, when the sat's go by am i talking to the space heads or other amateurs on HTs?

I guess you still didn't get the AMATEUR RADIO repeater in the sky part. You might work a guy that works for NASA, then again you might work a guy that works for the CIA too. You may even work someone that owns a construction business or teaches school.

I guess you still didn't get the AMATEUR RADIO repeater in the sky part. You might work a guy that works for NASA, then again you might work a guy that works for the CIA too. You may even work someone that owns a construction business or teaches school.

Lol okay

Satellite Radios | Radio Amateur W4KWH

And don't forget to update the keps for any tracking program you use

Thanks you guys. I thought id be talking to astronauts inside the ISS or inside the satellite. Still sounds groovy to hit a repeater flying by from space :)

Lol okay
Thanks you guys. I thought id be talking to astronauts inside the ISS or inside the satellite. Still sounds groovy to hit a repeater flying by from space :)

Then why don't you speak in normal plain language terms instead of in whatever pops into your head terms? The only astronauts you would be working would be aboard the ISS so unless you worked the ISS on a pass then the answer is still NO. Satellites do not carry people.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.