• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

That Was A First

kd-5-bgt

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Nov 10, 2007
Joplin Missouri area
I am off work today due to weather and decided to turn on the radio...at 7:30 AM local time I was scanning across 20 meters and was surprised to hear the general portion of the band silent ...... that dont happen everyday.....

I just got home from helping set up a R-7000 for a blind op.. When we was twisting the dial to hear something and it was QUIET ! We was like is this thing working?:blink: Was finaly able to make a 40 meter contact on a net. so we know it works there...

But yes the bands are DEAD

I am off work today due to weather and decided to turn on the radio...at 7:30 AM local time I was scanning across 20 meters and was surprised to hear the general portion of the band silent ...... that dont happen everyday.....

OTOH, 10/11 meters were booming yesterday. Last night I spoke with Trinidad W.I., Rio de Janeiro, Puerto Rico & Venezuela. Good & interesting QSO's with each. Not first page news for many, but an achievement for me and my equipment.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.