• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The “what were they thinking” thread - CB Radio Edition

Pace did make some good radios, but that 2300 in your photo had a major flaw. The audio transistor mounted on the back without any heat sink would get so hot it would burn your fingers. We stopped selling those years ago after a few customers complained. Seems they needed to wait till the radio cooled down before tempting to remove the radio from its mount.

I remember a pace doing that we thought it bad and chucked it.

That radio is still for sale in Houston Craigslist. Been there for years. Might be some weirdo cult hidden beacon thing, dunno.

I remember a pace doing that we thought it bad and chucked it.

That radio is still for sale in Houston Craigslist. Been there for years. Might be some weirdo cult hidden beacon thing, dunno.
Yep, I went over there to look and there it was!
Also found a sweet, sweet truck for your mo-bile radio ops! https://victoriatx.craigslist.org/cto/d/telferner-1986-chevy-truck/7081718480.html

Actually I wish that truck was near me because I would be all over it at that price.

Reactions: walterjn and Rwb
Yep, I went over there to look and there it was!
Also found a sweet, sweet truck for your mo-bile radio ops! https://victoriatx.craigslist.org/cto/d/telferner-1986-chevy-truck/7081718480.html

Actually I wish that truck was near me because I would be all over it at that price.

I think I'll pass on the "Van-Up".....looks like some crazy shit my friend Kav would come up with. He wants to build a 4 door 7.3 with a sleeper off a semi. Novel idea but not practical built on a 1 ton chassis.

Reactions: walterjn
I think I'll pass on the "Van-Up".....looks like some crazy shit my friend Kav would come up with. He wants to build a 4 door 7.3 with a sleeper off a semi. Novel idea but not practical built on a 1 ton chassis.
He wouldn't have MUCH of a bed left. Aren't a lot of those sleepers aluminum?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.