• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The Anytone "Smart CB"...Opinions?

Hurricane145

Aug 12, 2011
I ma curious what you guys think of the Anytone Smart CB. Most of the reviews are pretty good. It sure is small, almost exactly the size of a 3.5 inch floppy drive but with about 1 1/2 inches less depth. Not a lot of features but that is okay with me. I wonder how they are with any engine noise.
I tend to like more traditional and non export CB radios but the super small size is very attractive for easy mounting for me.
Anyone have any experience with one of these?
anytone.jpg

Reactions: Rwb

Got 2.messed 1 up my fault.
First 1 was better than second 1.2nd picks up a little noise first 1 was quiet.but either 1 hooked to a lil wil on the hood of my 91 dodge ram it has talked 15 miles on high power recieves more than you hear too.kinda tricky at first with buttons but after couple days its easy to make changes.i did the op2 mod unsolder op1 bridge op2 .that lets you switch from 4 watts to 10 watts plus extra bands.if i was steady nuff id install a 3 position toggle swith to use op1 ,op2 and straight 40 cb channels.i got mine for $58. Free shipping from ebay

Reactions: eric chilton
I think they vary in quality.both of mine are loud and clear on tx ive been told.however like i said first 1 i messed up was lots quiter on recieve.but many channels and hi n low power.
Simon the wizard shows how to turn low power down to run a pill box.
You get a lot for 58 bucks if your willing to do the mod.
IT WONT OPERATE ON OUR 40 CB CHANNELS WITHOUT THE MOD whiter its op2 or just unbridge op1.

I would like to find some ribbon tape.i had to take my first 1 apart n accidently tore the ribbon tape

I wish it came with an tiny HT style microphone.
A Kenwood MC-43S would be my choice. It's a electric condenser mic like Smart's stock mic. It also has up and down buttons and the Kenwood's mic build quality and sound is much better. For good reason I know a lot of people are using Kenwood mics for their Chinese HT's now, myself included To bad Smart didn't apply a standard 8 pin jack to their radio like Kenwood and Alinco. I'm sure changing the jack out would be a pain, but if I had one and seen there's enough room, that's the first thing I would attempt.

What gets to me ,such a little thing but carries a vicious bite.i opened the small hole you speak in on the mic n helped modulation.
Skip was rolling n i chatted with a fellow in fla from my driveway in southwest mo using my lil wil

Reactions: WECSOG

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated