• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The CB whip HAM "J" Antenna

just a cut up 102 whip into a j pole,, seen it done before, i have a j pole made from tubing and circut board, have made them with copper tubing and made a 11 meter jpole,, they work but with lobes every where,,, i will stay with my ancient cushcraft

Reactions: BJ radionut
just a cut up 102 whip into a j pole,, seen it done before, i have a j pole made from tubing and circut board, have made them with copper tubing and made a 11 meter jpole,, they work but with lobes every where,,, i will stay with my ancient cushcraft
What kind of cushcraft

No need to destroy tank whip
The point of his was that it has the flexibility to be a mobile rig and hit drive thrus and banks

The first mobile test was eye opening. Station 1 is a diamond ground plane 25’ off the ground using an alinco 45w mobile as a base station. Station 2 is my mobile using a cheap Chinese mobile 25w tyt 898 radio.

Simplex
My rx
1/4 nmo s3
5/8 dual band nmo s3-s5
Jpole full scale

My tx
1/4 nmo busy light
5/8 dual band nmo busy light flickering 1 bar
Jpole busy light, solid 2 bars and flickering third bar.

14.25 miles

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I wish I’d learned to model in the software. I have 2 different antenna programs and I’m a tard

Attachments

• IMG_1510.png
    IMG_1510.png
    189.8 KB · Views: 52
I built it like he said but maybe trimmed it wrong. Still works great but the length is off. I need to revisit it and see. And maybe it’s the situation above my car? Still fantastic though

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.