• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The Chinese are getting into the re-capping game

I have no problems getting shipments from China. The UK, on the other hand, is so bad I will not buy anything from UK sellers anymore. Russian post is slow too. The slowest though I have ever had is Music CD Taylor Swift a few years ago. It shipped from Argentina. It took so long I forgot about it. It was a good 4-6 months. The packaging was so wrinkled that the thick heavy paper outside was as soft as tissue paper and it had more wrinkles than a shitzu puppy! It reminded me of the wrinkle and repeat one does to turn brown bulk paper towel material into something you would not mind wiping your rear end within a pinch! It actual said airmail on it. It had a ton of ink stamps from each country it passed through.

I should add they use cheap caps and often omitt caps. That is paraphrased from Mike of Mikes Radio Reair. On top of that the values in their kits is often not a match for what is in a radio.

It does not matter if I am re-capping or paying someone to do it for me I want a name brand. I want Panasonic, Matsushita, Nichicon, Chemi-Con, Sanyo, Dubilier, Fujitsu etc......Capacitors are so cheap especially if replacing 85 degree caps in an old CB or Ham radio. WHen you look at how long a name brand cap might last versus how long a Chinese no-name brand usually last's it is a no-brainer to do it right the first time and forgot about it for the next 20+ years. It is foolish to cut corners on capacitors. That is why I buy caps from Mouser or Digikey and I leave them in the bags if I am sending out a radio for someone else to work on. If they will not use my premium caps that are fresh and new from a reliable source I do not give them my business. I do not have time for cheap caps from less than reliable sources!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
On top of that, I do not want to do business with people that use generic Chi-Com caps! That is like putting a cheap generic camshaft of unknown material and heat treat into an expensive hi performance engine. Why?

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.