• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The "D104 Man"

One thing I would also like to mention is this mic was in rough shape. The chrome on the head was scratched up and the paint on the base was horrible. Instead of repainting it all, I removed the bad chrome and paint and powder coated them black. I also polished the bottom cover to a real high shine so it would reflect the led's. There is a lot of work already tied in to this but as Viking wrote there is more to come. I am still working out running a USB jack in the side of the microphone to allow it to grab the audio from the mic and adjust it and send it back to the microphone. This would allow a person to run a computer based DSP to adjust the sound quality of their microphone. All of the noise toys can be computer based also. I figure I can also grab the receive directly from the mic line and play that back through my computer sound system. I have the voltages worked out but I am having problems with sampling the audio. I may buy a usb microphone and use the drivers from that. Maybe the cord to. lol

Rum Runner, The mic is very neat as is and something you should be proud of. The idea of blue to red on TX is that it would match the color characteristics of my Magnum S9, I may suffer in my next statement but, many on this forum as I see it are nothing more than educated idiots whom are educated beyond their own realm of comprehension and thus deeming themselves better than the rest. While there are an appreciated few that offer help when asked and do so without passing judgement, the majority are here only to brag upon themselves and to criticize the efforts of others as that is all they have to offer other than regurgated and reread information, sometimes word for word from print. :eek:

That's rather unique. An idea I wouldn't have come up with even though I had a hand power echo mic with a clear case and blue LEDs. I had to cut the lead to the blue LEDs because it would blind me when I keyed it at night.
Personally I'd choose UV over blue LEDs, but I'm intrigued by his imaginative creativity.
icon14.gif

Rum Runner, The mic is very neat as is and something you should be proud of. The idea of blue to red on TX is that it would match the color characteristics of my Magnum S9, I may suffer in my next statement but, many on this forum as I see it are nothing more than educated idiots whom are educated beyond their own realm of comprehension and thus deeming themselves better than the rest. While there are an appreciated few that offer help when asked and do so without passing judgement, the majority are here only to brag upon themselves and to criticize the efforts of others as that is all they have to offer other than regurgated and reread information, sometimes word for word from print. :eek:

I kind of discovered that. I built the first radio I ever had and hold a degree in electronic communications, Internet Technologies with a focus on network securities, and am working on my bachelors in psychology. I have been a HAM for 13 years. Every meter I own and every piece of test equipment has been calibrated to almost perfect. I can probably hang with most of the electronics guys on the forums. Maybe not all of them but most of em. I have always enjoyed building things. Ideas from others helps in the process. Nothing great has ever been built by one person. Any person that runs down something that someone else has done will not have many friends helping them build things. I get ideas from friends like the old mule and others. They may not have the electronics background but they do have ideas. I post on other sites and only started posting on this one because my friend is on this one. I like to be helpful and share ideas. I can take a little harassment but I will not tolerate abuse. I can get that from the old lady. When guys on a website start sounding like my old lady, I will just go to another site.:LOL: Seems like there are a lot of friendly people on here though and it is just lightly sprinkled with assholes.

That's rather unique. An idea I wouldn't have come up with even though I had a hand power echo mic with a clear case and blue LEDs. I had to cut the lead to the blue LEDs because it would blind me when I keyed it at night.
Personally I'd choose UV over blue LEDs, but I'm intrigued by his imaginative creativity.
icon14.gif

I have not played with UV much but it is something to think about. I know that one of my instructors mentioned that UV lighting can cause some interference issues. I think he was talking about the power supply used back then. I saw a UV light that was used for detecting urine from pets. It ran on batteries. Four double A's I think. Maybe I will do that on the next one. It sue would make finger prints and dust show up.

I kind of discovered that. I built the first radio I ever had and hold a degree in electronic communications, Internet Technologies with a focus on network securities, and am working on my bachelors in psychology. I have been a HAM for 13 years. Every meter I own and every piece of test equipment has been calibrated to almost perfect. I can probably hang with most of the electronics guys on the forums. Maybe not all of them but most of em. I have always enjoyed building things. Ideas from others helps in the process. Nothing great has ever been built by one person. Any person that runs down something that someone else has done will not have many friends helping them build things. I get ideas from friends like the old mule and others. They may not have the electronics background but they do have ideas. I post on other sites and only started posting on this one because my friend is on this one. I like to be helpful and share ideas. I can take a little harassment but I will not tolerate abuse. I can get that from the old lady. When guys on a website start sounding like my old lady, I will just go to another site.:LOL: Seems like there are a lot of friendly people on here though and it is just lightly sprinkled with assholes.

So, am I sprinkled?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.