• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The Hawaiian Islands....

Oatmeal

Mar 22, 2009
West Virginia..
Any you guys in Hawaii, CNN news here is saying there has been a earthquake in the B .C., Canada area and it was a 7.7on the rector scale, and there saying a Tisunumi is on its way to Hawaii and is suppose to be there be 10:28pm..
All this info on on CNN news...

10-4, glad to hear that..

I was going to bed when I heard CNN news talking about that this morning at 2:20am..
Same here was on my way to the sack when CNN went crazy! lol
I Phoned some friends in Hawaii and they were in an advisory but wasn't too concerned (they surf) big waves = awesomeness

From what I heard on the news, the swell was less than a foot...Hawaii gets tsunamis more often than you think. I was working there in 2011 when they had the tsunami that originated with the Japan earthquake..it amounted to a 6 foot swell on Maui...you only have to evacuate if you are in one of the inundation areas (flood zones). The worst part is listening to the sirens that go off every hour for about 10 minutes for 6 hours prior to the wave coming in (sounds like a fire truck in your driveway). I'd still rather deal with tsunamis than the hurricane that we are experiencing right now!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.