• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The Savage Mobile

Jun 6, 2019
President McKinley USA Mobile Radio, adjusted for 100% modulation. (It came off the assembly line with 80%.) Radio has variable RF Output. .5W to 3.8W from the factory. Turned up to 4W to 18W variable output. Solid radio, packed with all the features including the most innovative onboard SWR meter ever designed.
Midland HF747 amp. Being cooled by an air conditioning vent. (A Savage Exclusive.) Lol. With 4 Watts in, I get a hundred and change out.
Galaxy Echo Master Power Mike. This mic has so much modulation, I can hear a squirrel fart in the woods. (When I'm operating up on a 12,000 foot mountain, shooting DX from Coast to Coast, and Mexico to Canada, but I digress.)
102" whip on the roof, beehive mount, 6" extension shaft, 9 feet of coax from the radio to the amp, 18 feet of coax from the amp to the antenna. 1.4 SWR across the CB Band.
Loving life, having fun, and waving a hand from Colorado, USA. Top o' the day!
IMG_20190702_120222~2.jpg

Last edited:

I owe God a favor. When I drilled the hole for the antenna mount, I thought I would be drilling through the roof, and nothing else. I had a circular saw blade ready for the underneath support. Turned out that the roof panel has these U shaped support bars underneath. God was looking out for me, and I drilled my hole right through the roof panel, and right through the middle of a support bar. Unbelievably lucky! The mount is solid as can be. I can do 75 down the highway with the 9 foot whip on, and the roof doesn't budge. I DON'T do that, though. The 9 foot whip is only for when I'm parked. I run a cheap, lightweight truck stop Coiley antenna for when I'm just going down the road.

Happy Trails to all!

Dean.

I owe God a favor. When I drilled the hole for the antenna mount, I thought I would be drilling through the roof, and nothing else. I had a circular saw blade ready for the underneath support. Turned out that the roof panel has these U shaped support bars underneath. God was looking out for me, and I drilled my hole right through the roof panel, and right through the middle of a support bar. Unbelievably lucky! The mount is solid as can be. I can do 75 down the highway with the 9 foot whip on, and the roof doesn't budge. I DON'T do that, though. The 9 foot whip is only for when I'm parked. I run a cheap, lightweight truck stop Coiley antenna for when I'm just going down the road.

Happy Trails to all!

Dean.

Just think how good a GoldenRod 45 would look on that roof.

Kick tail on any truck-stop cheapie.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated