• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The story behind the AR-3500!

I recently bought one and the only thing that irks me is when I turn it off then turn it back on and it doesn't retain the channel I was on before turning it off. does it have a memory back-up battery ??? Everything else is great !!! It doesn't have the scanning mike so I have a M6b D-104 on it and the audio is great !!!

73's

Yep. :hrsdedel That's the story. RF Limited (Magnum, sort of) is what they go by these days. Great radios if you can find one! I had one at one time, and SSB RX/TX performance was fantastic on it.

Wish I still had that one too, but the "Always trading for something new, & different" to replace it happened again. :cry:

SmackDown said:
I recently bought one and the only thing that irks me is when I turn it off then turn it back on and it doesn't retain the channel I was on before turning it off. does it have a memory back-up battery ??? Everything else is great !!! It doesn't have the scanning mike so I have a M6b D-104 on it and the audio is great !!!

73's

Best thing to do is talk to someone in here about that, or Bob himself, at Bob's CB. He's one of the guru's that developed them. He brought mine back to new condition when mine was having problems.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio