• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TheAntennaFarm Review ★★★★★

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Last week i Ordered a Diamond X200A. I was out of town and i came home excited to have my base antenna, Unfortuantly i noticed in the Manual i was missing a few items, the wrenches (no big deal) and i was also missing the U bolts and this weird mast bracket thing. So i emailed john over at theantennafarm dot com and he hit up diamond here in california and i got a box today. they didnt send the right stuff lol i got ground pose rods and u bolts. So i gave diamond a call and spoke to a very nice lady who said she just got off the phone with John ( he told them i got the wrong stuff) cause i had emailed him this morning to tell him it wasnt the right stuff. Long story short Diamond is sending out the aluminum brackets i need to attache the antenna to my push up pole they should be here tomorrow.

Here is what the brackets look like that i need you will see the U bolt is attached to the aluminum sleeve that attaches to the base of the antenna:

x200_10.jpg

It's the 3rd Quarter of 2012 and all in all i am a very happy customer dealing with theantennafarm.com
I have done google searches on AntennaFarm and they all seem to be bad. Well here is one Review to give him 110% Good customer service and prices. I Recommend John holbrook "TheAntennaFarm.com". One small issue is he doesn't answer the tele which i understand its a very small company, But he does answer emails ASAP.

Just don't order coax from him. They don't stock many of the items that they sell. They are just like Cheapham.com they drop ship most stuff you order.

I called him to inquire about his coax. I got a nice song and dance so I ordered it. Junk came from some wharehouse in Virginia after 6 weeks of being on back order. After several calls he finally admitted he drop ships.

When the Belden 9913F arrived, it looked like Helen Keller soldered the connectors on.

I avoid his trinkets.

But that's just me.

Last edited:
Just don't order coax from him. They don't stock many of the items that they sell. They are just like Cheapham.com they drop ship most stuff you order.

I called him to inquire about his coax. I got a nice song and dance so I ordered it. Junk came from some wharehouse in Virginia after 6 weeks of being on back order. After several calls he finally admitted he drop ships.

When the Belden 9913F arrived, it looked like Helen Keller soldered the connectors on.

I avoid his trinkets.

But that's just me.

Was it this year ?....spacifics ? Did John fix the problem ?

I always recommended locals to John's site cause he has the beat prices and all of us hate taxes (8.9%+/-). I always get my coax from jefatech or from locals and sometimes (rare) on eBay.

★ Sent from my Droid★

About 3 years ago. Doesn't matter, don't run a website that looks like u have massive inventory when in fact, you don't. If your a drop shipper, mention this fact.

Antenna Farm

I had a question about a radio connection. Here is my question.

"I am unable to locate the adapter for connecting the Kenwood TM-V71A PR-5G Programing Interface Cable to my computer. Is the connector a USB to DB9 Serial Adapter Cable? Your help is appreciated. Everything arrived Wednesday.
Thank you."

Here was Mr. Holbrook's response.

"huh?"

He was lots of help.

I remember us having a spirited conversation about my coax. Didn't take him long to completely melt down and become a jerk. Of course, I quickly followed suit and threw some flame his way.

I called the company that shipped it and told them their hand soldered connections were inferior as was the missing heat shrink that was supposed to be included. They had UPS pick it up and had another company ship me what I wanted as they were out of stock. That company actually had some class and decent customer service.

TheAntennaFarm, not so much.

Sorry to whizz on your post, but you know.

It's all good post your experiences with them. My 15+ purchases has been pleasent at T.A.F

★ Sent from my Droid★

I get all my coax, connectors, etc from Tessco.com. Good, professional two-way supplies and equipment. I use all crimp on connectors for soft coax. (I do solder the center conductors, though) They carry Times Microwave coax in all flavors, and the PROPER connectors for them.

Yep, they cost more, but nothing worse than problems from crappy coax and connectors.

Antenna Farm

To be fair, I still shop with Antenna Farm. They have a good selection of hard to find products. No one is perfect, especially me.

LDG

A couple years ago I ordered a programming cable from TheAntennaFarm for an Icom radio, and they were packaging free Icom programming software with it. It was the weirdest thing, the Icom software came on a CD-R, labeled with permanent marker. Everything worked, but it seemed shady. That, paired with others' reviews, is enough to make me stay away.

A couple years ago I ordered a programming cable from TheAntennaFarm for an Icom radio, and they were packaging free Icom programming software with it. It was the weirdest thing, the Icom software came on a CD-R, labeled with permanent marker. Everything worked, but it seemed shady. That, paired with others' reviews, is enough to make me stay away.

Lol that's kinda funny about the cd being a ripped copy. Atleast it worked...hope it doesn't happen again to you or anyone else

★ Sent from my Droid★

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated