• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Theft Proofing?

ctvanover

N/A
May 22, 2005
Archdale, NC 27263
Last week, some idiot who thought that they needed my Magnum S-9 more than I did, stole it right out of 2000 Peterbilt. Is there some way to secure the radio to the mount so that they just can't remove it when they get the urge to take what ain't theirs because they're low on pills or cash?

I've thought about maybe getting some 6mm screws with allen heads or star heads and maybe putting the little chrome screw covers over them. That would really mess with their little doped up minds, wouldn't it? I mean who's gonna carry a set of allen wrenches or star screwdrivers around with them, right?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Buck

i use to hot

glue razor blades under the back of the radio and amp,by the antenna plug in....caught one idiot in my car in St louis Missoiri and keep the door shut on him to they got there...He crap his pants when i got him,i was still a cop then...if you do what you said,they will pry it off.and damage the dsh board...best to put a alarm on it or bring it with you...or razor blades...so sad to bad to the slime of the earth...fight crime shot back i all ways say 73 de JW

I'm in the pro A/V field, corporate, medical, universities, government, etc.

Nothing will stop theft.
You can make it difficult and slow them down.

Used mixed fasteners when possible.
Build an external strap around the radio.

Build a cage around it that allows operation but not removal.

Another thing is a sonic shock anti theft alarm
The video in the link doesn't come close to how loud and annoying those things are when they go off.

Basically, if its difficult to steal the thief may move on to something easier.

I don't understand why mobile radios don't come with Kensington type slots for attaching a lock cable.

Last edited:
I'm trying to remember the interior of a 2000 Pete. I'm not a red oval fan. My Kenworth has a slot up top in the roof for the cb. I'm sporting an old Cobra 19 with a missing channel knob up there. My President HR2510 is in the cubby hole in front of the gear shift. I go for the "make it undesirable" approach.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

OK, what if I were to use something like a 6mm eyebolt with a shoulder, run some sort of cable type lock down through the eyelets?

Attachments

• forged-machinery-eye-bolt-with-shoulder-length.gif
    forged-machinery-eye-bolt-with-shoulder-length.gif
    7 KB · Views: 41

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.