• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

THF6 Shortwave Antenna homebrew

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
I had a old Realistic TRC100b i got for $5 at a yard sale. I removed the 64" Telescoping antenna and modified some parts and now use it on my Kenwood THF6 for SW listening (yes the THF6 isn't the ideal SW radio), But with it fully extended i now can get s9 signal on 15mhz RX and disabling the internal bar antenna the Telescoping works great 1mhz-10mhz!
I haven't Tried it on the AIR bands or Marine bands yet as its getting dark and i must go back into my dirka cave. (y)

Pictures to be uploaded soon.

I plan on putting some shrink wrap on the base so it can be held while listening. I'll need to grind down the charp edges. That flat piece came from inside the CB HT it was the " ground plate ". And was a 45° angle bracket.

Photos:
47bd3396-3101-d485.jpg
47bd3396-310d-0df3.jpg
47bd3396-3117-55ec.jpg

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
For $5 how can you go wrong and who cares if it is the best! That is a lot of listening pleasure and radio for $5....I would say "job well done"!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.