• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Things that need to change in the CB service in 2023!

AmericanEagle575

Supporting Sr. Member WDX-1863
Feb 17, 2016
Bellefonte,Pennsylvania
While I love CB radio,I feel like the FCC needs to get with the program and update the rules concerning 11 meter's, recently I see that we have the FM mode added and the 155 Mile Skip restriction removed which was a start.....now they need to finish the job by increasing the Power levels say:
AM and FM mode: 15 watts output
SSB: 25 watts output
I don't mean export radios,but on the regular one's,i/e Cobra,Uniden,etc... I have to wonder if they did this , would more people get involved in the hobby so to speak, Just some thoughts......... what do guys think???? Feel free to comment and have a great day today!!

73's

While I love CB radio,I feel like the FCC needs to get with the program and update the rules concerning 11 meter's, recently I see that we have the FM mode added and the 155 Mile Skip restriction removed which was a start.....now they need to finish the job by increasing the Power levels say:
AM and FM mode: 15 watts output
SSB: 25 watts output
I don't mean export radios,but on the regular one's,i/e Cobra,Uniden,etc... I have to wonder if they did this , would more people get involved in the hobby so to speak, Just some thoughts......... what do guys think???? Feel free to comment and have a great day today!!

73's
I'm with you on this. I was actually surprised they made the other changes. I thought, wow, who in government is pulling these strings??
IMO, the government, and people in general are not to keen on change. I was in a psychology class when I was young lad and this topic was covered in depth. And it seems the older we get, the more we are oppose to change. And I'll be honest, I am one of those people. Ha! :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, yes @AmericanEagle575 I agree with you!

Last edited:
It's not likely to happen.
When the FCC proposed the rule changes that dropped the 155 limit, there was a public notice of proposed rule change and the FCC invited the public to comment.
No one got involved.
Raising the output level, adding more frequency coverage, was all on the table, but there was not enough public support to move them on it.
That boat sailed already.
FM came about through lobbying by Cobra and President.
Now there is very little enforcement going on in the cbrs anyway and getting your ham license is no longer as hard as it was 30 years ago, I doubt the opportunity will come up again.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.