• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

This 1 for all you experts,professionals,and bull shooters bet none reply

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
I obtained this radio last week.
From what i gather its built via yaesu. Its a henery tempo vhf 1 plus. I put my bird on it n its sending out lots of power,supposed to be 35 watts n mine is pushing 55 watts.
The meter n backlite dont work as well as the channel up n down on mic but havnt dug into it yet. Ive got reports about it having great clear audio. Recive seems fine too. Now if i just had the optional ssb box that plugs in the side.
P_20200424_145433.jpg
P_20200424_145420.jpg
P_20200424_145404.jpg

The company I worked for as an engineer/astronaut developed that rig. It didn't sell well and we all lost our jobs. There your bull shooter reply. :)
hotdam a reply. From what i read they were bullet proof. But seen they were costly new

Attachments

• 73-magazine-09-september-1977-OCR-Page-0136.pdf
    303.6 KB · Views: 150
I wonder if it has a tone board installed. I was looking at the manual (terrible copy) from Mods DK. It at least shows mic pin-outs plus terminals to attach any CTCSS tone board or external tone selector. Detailed schematics from that copy are mostly unusable or aggravating at best. Hopefully you already have a good copy. If not, maybe someone else has a better source. Unfortunately you can’t trust buying copies. It seems too many are willing to sell you a copy that was scanned off an old 70’s fax machine.

Reactions: Rwb
I wonder if it has a tone board installed. I was looking at the manual (terrible copy) from Mods DK. It at least shows mic pin-outs plus terminals to attach any CTCSS tone board or external tone selector. Detailed schematics from that copy are mostly unusable or aggravating at best. Hopefully you already have a good copy. If not, maybe someone else has a better source. Unfortunately you can’t trust buying copies. It seems too many are willing to sell you a copy that was scanned off an old 70’s fax machine.
i downloaded a very crisp manual off a site on google wish id kept the name of the site. I gotta spend some time with it. Seen 1 on ebay that has the ssb box but some brainstorm cut the connecter off the wiring harness

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.