• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

This guy has a great station

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
In 1979 id truck by this place and he was busy putting up towers and antennas.today i was coming home from springfield,mo . Had time so i took a couple shots of his setup
IMG-2025.JPG
IMG-2024.JPG

Wish my cheep smartass phone had better camera,there is wires,ladder line,dipoles,beams and a nice big building to the right to escape from house for peace n quiet

Someday i got to stop.its on my bucket list.wife n i counted lot more than camera shows.i counted 10,she said 11 total.

10-11 antennas. That guy is serious. I want an antenna farm myself one day, with really tall towers.
yes cant see in picture but several in trees n wires with insulators,ladder lines galore.but as i said in 79 i was haulin fuel up that road to springfield,mo 6 to 7 loads a day.he came a long way to have so many antennas

Looks like 2 element 40-meter beam w/UHF stuff on the tower by House.
Then maybe a HyGain TH7DXX 20/15/10 meter beam(4 elements each band)(might have 2 "L" 40m kit also) and 7 Element wide space above that for 6 meters...by looking at pics...
Yep, nice set-up...bet I have worked him, most likely on several bands.:whistle:

Looks like 2 element 40-meter beam w/UHF stuff on the tower by House.
Then maybe a HyGain TH7DXX 20/15/10 meter beam(4 elements each band)(might have 2 "L" 40m kit also) and 7 Element wide space above that for 6 meters...by looking at pics...
Yep, nice set-up...bet I have worked him, most likely on several bands.:whistle:
couple dipoles left side imposdible to see,couple more 9n trees at left of house,you prolly have worked him before. He is east of mt vernon,mo 6 miles

That ain’t ol, “got my red panties on”, I hope.

Such a sight is seriously impressive.
The planning alone, if nothing else.

You sorta wanta knock on the front door just to shake his hand. Hurry back to the truck and lay that hand on the transceiver. Slowly power it up.

Wait as it settles before kicking the air start on the 12V-71

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb
That ain’t ol, “got my red panties on”, I hope.

Such a sight is seriously impressive.
The planning alone, if nothing else.

You sorta wanta knock on the front door just to shake his hand. Hurry back to the truck and lay that hand on the transceiver. Slowly power it up.

Wait as it settles before kicking the air start on the 12V-71

i bet you been past his place by 3/4 mile n never knew it.he is off I 44 on mo 174 east of mt vernon ,mo

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated