• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

This is "The Worldwide Radio Forum"

I mind my own, do my thing and dont worry about it. I dont care if CW Morse is running his 10KW Keydown mobile or his amatuer rig. Makes no difference to me. I dont bother anyone and they dont bother me. There are THOUSANDS of freqs to choose from....If they bother me, I move to a different one. I am both a CBer(freebander) and a ham op so I know the rules and the consequences if I screw up. You gonna play....You gotta pay

You know Switch Kit makes a good point. I know of several hams that modify their equipment to work outside of the band-plan. I am not stating they transmit there but I have seen for example many 440MHz ht and mobile modded for MURS or GMRS or FRS. Let's not get started on the HF rigs modified for full TX across the general coverage area. Anyone that has been to mods.dk website knows the true story.

This is usually kept on the down low but it happens. Not all hams partake in this illegal activity but some do.

It's a risky business and one side I stay away from -- but to each his/her own I guess.

8)

The very first thing 95% of all ham operators do with a new piece of equiptment is open it up for all freqs. I dont know of anyone that dosent....Its human nature

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.