• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

This is "The Worldwide Radio Forum"

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
So let me see if I got this right ? It's not the worldwide cb radio forum or the worldwide ham radio forum .....so mix it all up and you basically have a free for all . This is what I gather from reading the FCC activity section and some of the locked down threads (I was basically surprised that some of them went as long as they did ? Hmmm) Now how can I go there without going there ? Well one thing is for sure , it's truly an attitude thing on both sides of the tracks , What kind of attitude ? Well I'll let you's decide on that because it sure has been obvious to this cb radio operator for few decades about now. You know the old saying "Can't we all just get along?" We really could but folks just ain't happy if they ain't got something to bitch,moan and grown about. Like little babies crying for there mommies tit. This is truly rediculous !! Everybody somewhere and somehow have some kind of something in there receives that they would rather not have there ....for starters it wont last forever and chances are ,I'd bet to say that one had a lot more channels on the rig one way or the other , but nope !! they'ed rather bitch !!! The way I see it weather laws are broken or not ? is when I find myself moaning about whats coming into my receive,I become the one with the problem , and this is when my electronic device starts to have control over me ,this is when I need to throw the sucker out the window and move on to another hobby (life is short)The FCC is the LAW ......I didn't make them. HAM's are a licensed radio operators for perticular freqauncys (how ever you spell it ) and get to use better equipment and power ,CB'ers are many folks through out the USA who can go to there local Wallmarts and buy one and use it (in 1977 the FCC made it that way) and yes there are laws that apply to "it" just like all other radio communacations. If Hams feel the need to push there rights .....so be it !! the way I see that, is that Cb'ers can do the same thing .....Big damned deal !! If I should find myself pushing more then my ole lady in this life , I would think it would be best for me to move on to something else,and leave it to the polotisions (how ever you spell it ) Oh yeah CW McCall !! ....Maybe your right dude ? Maybe they should just outlaw cb radio altogether ? and while there at it ,they can ban cigarettes and alcohol while there at it !!!! I think those 2 are way worse then the cb radio .......wouldn't you think ? 28 years ago FCC made it (CB) even a more wide open situation ....Ham's who want to bitch moan and groan about cb'ers (weather or not they were once ones or not) should be bitching to the FCC instead,or how about the tech's through out this country and forum sites who tend to make us cb'ers the way many of us are today ? What comes around goes around. Lots of two face isms ! .........but NO !! as long as folks are not content with what they have in this life they will continue to moan and groan in one way or the other for the rest of living days because of doing it for so long ,they truly don't know any better. IM not the law and nor do I want to be ,but one might take a minute the next time they feel the need to drop the hammer (FCC) down on anybody....many of those "anybodies" have families and morgages to pay and take care of ,Have they really screwed your life up to the point that you would take food from there childrens mouths or clothing off there backs ? Does this sound a little outragious ? I don't think so !! ........again I say .....It's truly all about "attitude" here. And if anyone truly feels that much better then thou's .....may they good Lord take a liking to you.

People like him is what keeps cb alive in some areas. Damn splatter from channel 6 has really discouraged alot of the locals here that have ran Channel 8 for years.

Well said switch and no i don't bitch and whine :D BUT I ain't no pincoushin either "If you gonna poke me you better expect to get poked back" :p But on a lighter note I do have to agree with your points and wouldn't it be great if we COULD all just getalong?

Chuck

Guts

....many of those "anybodies" have families and morgages to pay and take care of ,Have they really screwed your life up to the point that you would take food from there childrens mouths or clothing off there backs ? Does this sound a little outragious ? I don't think so !! ........again I say .....It's truly all about "attitude" here. And if anyone truly feels that much better then thou's .....may they good Lord take a liking to you.

It is also about that word no one wants to apply to oneself. R E S P O N S I B I L I T Y! Having a family and a mortgage is an obligation one freely accepted of his own free will. When he violates the law that governs a part of his life (in this case, radio), then he must TAKE responsibility for such actions. NOT attempt to transfer responsibility onto someone else for his own
wrongdoing! He should've considered the CONSEQUENCES of his actions and the hardship he caused to OTHERS before he deliberately chose to violate the law.

I guess you beat me to it, taking responsibility for ones actions means they accept the consequences.

Unfortunately, many think that they should be the administrator of their own version of the consequences.

I really don't understand the folks that tend to sit way to damned high in there saddles only appearing to themselves to do so ? It's really something how folks just tend to be on what I would call power trips through out there lives ? I suppose man has got to do what man has got to do ? IM just glad I need to worry about myself concerning my own "radio operations" (please take note here "IM talking about "my" radio operations) and not feel it nesssasary to stick my nose into everybody else's .........it just doesn't Impress me much and there's just way more important things going on and around my life that would be best tended too. Now IM really not much for the "Power" but if you could take a God given minute .......you just might be able to feel the "Love" nuff said. Peace Switch Kit ....

Your right Switch Kit. Then these Amatuer Radio Operators wonder why their licenses number is dropping bigtime every year? Myself I talk on the radio for fun as a hobby. It's not my place to get on channel 10 and tell the locals their 200 watt amp is illegal. Rediculous things. Citizen's Band may not be what it should but it used by the Average Joe. The true Citizen of the USA.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.